Chapter 31

(Readers POV)

We all were just sitting around the trailer. I checked my scroll and it still didn't have signal. I sighed and I put my scroll away.

(Y/N): This has been so great so far.

I thought about what happened down in the well.

(Y/N): Hey Ruby. What was that light that came from you?

Ruby: It was my silver eyes.

(Y/N): I think I'm missing a lot right now.

Ruby looked over at Maria.

Ruby: How did you know what to say to me to activate my eyes?

Maria: Isn't it obvious? I had silver eyes. I was the Grim Reaper.

Qrow: The Grim Reaper?

I looked over at Qrow. He had a look of surprise on his face. Am I suppose to know who she is?

Qrow: You were my inspiration to become a huntsman.

Maria: I am flattered.

Qrow: What happened to you?

Maria went on to tell a story on how she lost her eyes. She was attacked by some people, or something like that. I just zoned her out for most of her story.

Maria: The silver eyes can be dangerous because there are people that want that power gone.

People with silver eyes are being hunted down. It's probably Salem that's hunting them down. I looked around and it looked like everyone else made it to the same conclusion. A sudden noise started. Ruby reached for her pocket and pulled out her scroll. She answered it on speaker.

Jaune: Ruby?! You finally picked up! Is everything ok?

Ruby: Jaune. Where are you guys?

Jaune: We are in Argus. You guys must be close if we can call.

I looked ahead and saw the town of Argus.

Ruby: We are on our way.

She hanged up her scroll and putted it away. I sighed. At least there won't be Grimm trying to kill us at Argus. Maria was looking at me.

(Y/N): What?

Maria: You're carrying me.

(Y/N): Like hell I am!

(Time skip)

We are walking down the streets of Argus. Maria was on my shoulders. I wasn't the happiest person right now.

Yang: Why did you agree to carrying her?

(Y/N): She wouldn't stop hitting me with her cane.

Ruby: I totally didn't record it.

She recorded it?! At least she learned sarcasm. I sighed.

(Y/N): Where are the others?

Nora: There you are!

I turned around to see Jaune, Ren, and Nora. They were across the street. Nora rushed over to us.

Nora: What took you guys so long? It's been forever since we were last together.

(Y/N): We almost died.

Nora started to laugh, I guess she thinks I'm joking. She noticed that I wasn't joking.

Nora: Sorry. What happened?

Yang: There were these Grimm that wouldn't let us move.

Nora: That sounds dangerous.., and cool!