Chapter 20

(Readers POV)

It's been a week since me and Yang started training. We decided to have Tai help us. We were both out of breath.

Tai: Come on. Don't tell me that you two can't beat a rusty old man.

Yang: We have just been going easy on you.

Tai: Then come out me with all you got.

We rushed over to him. I tried to punch him, but he grabbed my fist. He threw me at Yang. We both fell down to the ground. Tai walked up to us.

Tai: You two really need more training.

I got up and did a sneak attack on Tai. He was caught off guard and I was able to knock him to the ground.

(Y/N): Looks like we win.

Yang got up and picked her dad up. We shared a laugh and went inside.

Tai: Lucky shot kid.

(Y/N): Keep making excuses.

Tai gave me and Yang a glasses of water. We sat down at the table and we chugged our water.

Tai: You two did well against me in hand to hand combat. I think we should work on your semblances next.

Yang: Whats so wrong with them?

Tai: When you use them, you two get more angry overtime. Emotions are a great fuel in a fight, but if you let them consume you then you will never win a fight.

(Y/N): I don't let my anger control me.

Tai: Then why  your and Yang's fights always end in a tie? It's because you two just go barbaric and only think of punching each other. At the Vytal Festival, Yang punched that one kid without thinking.

Yang: I was made to think he was attacking me.

Tai: You broke his aura. If you used your brain, you would have known he couldn't attack you.

I thought about what he said. Is that why me and Yang can't beat each other, because we just get too mad?

Tai: Are you two rested? We are going to train your semblances now.

Me and Yang sighed and we walked outside.

(Time skip)

Tai: Now, I want you two to fight me. This time, you will be using your semblances.

We nodded and ran at him. We tried a team attack and attack him at the same time. He was put on the defensive. He broke through our attacks and knocked us down. He jumped up into the air and tried to kick us. I rolled out the way and got up. I tried to attack him while he was in the air.

Tai: Nice try.

He started to spin and he roundhouse kicked me in the face. I activated my semblance and stayed on my feet. I grabbed his foot and swung him around. I let go and sent him into a nearby tree. I ran over to him and started giving a barrage of punches. He put his arms up to block them.

Tai: You see what I mean? You just came at me without a plan.

(Y/N): What?

He strikes my neck and I grabbed my neck. I went on my knees and started to breath heavily.

Tai: You tried to attack me recklessly after you activated your semblance.

Yang rushed forward and tried to punch Tai. Her eyes were red and her hair was ablaze. Tai caught her fist easily and sent her to the ground.

Tai: Yang, you also did the same thing.

Me and Yang deactivated our semblances. We sat up and looked up at Tai.

Tai: Your little anger problems can easily be fixed. Just keep your cool.

Yang: How do we keep our cool then?

Tai was in thought. He put his finger on his chin and hummed to himself.

Tai: From what I could see, you two get really mad when you see the other in danger.

Me and Yang looked at each other. We blushed and looked away.

Tai: You two shouldn't be so worried about each other.

I blushed more and crossed my arms.

Tai: Get back up you two. We have a lot of training to do.

(Chapter 20 end)