Chapter 12

(Readers POV)

I was regaining my conciseness. I heard a blaring siren going off. I looked around and I was in Vale. It was now day time. Ruby, Weiss, and Yang was getting up. Grimm were crawling all around the buildings. Most of my body hurt, but I still was able to stand up. I turned my gauntlets into their shield form.

Yang: What are you doing?

(Y/N): Going to fight.

I rushed over at a group of people. I got in front of them and put up my shields. Some Grimm were attacking my shields, but I kept my guard up.

(Y/N): Get out of here now!

The people nodded at me and started to get to safety. The Grimm that were attacking me were sent into a building.

Yang: You look like you could use some help.

Yang was standing where the Grimm once were.

(Y/N): I could have done that by myself.

Yang: Sure you could of.

She placed her hands on her hips and smirked at me. I heard the engines of bullheads. I looked up to see some teams and teachers have showed up. They all jumped down and started to kill any and all Grimm in the city.

Yang: Good to see that reinforcement came.

(Y/N): We can't be slacking. Come on.

Me and Yang ran to a group of Grimm. I bashed one of my shields into the group. Yang jumped over me and slammed the group into the ground. The Grimm started to turn to dust.

(Y/N): The number of Grimm in the city seems to be getting smaller.

I was catching my breath. I put my hands on my knees and looked down.

Yang: Watch out!

I looked behind me to see a Grimm launching at me. Yang got in front of me and killed the Grimm, mirroring how I saved her from a Grimm yesterday.

Yang: Are you ok?

(Y/N): I'm fine, thanks for the help.

I looked around and there was no Grimm insight. I gave a sigh of relief. I saw that Roman was in cuffs.

Roman: How could I have been captured?

He was pushed by Mercury and Emerald. They pushed him inside a bullhead that had prison cells inside.

Yang: I would say that our first mission was a success.

(Y/N): Yeah.

I looked over and Yang had her fist extended to me, offering a fist bump. I raised my fist and fist bumped her. Ruby and Weiss walked up to us.

Ruby: Are you two ok?

Yang: Don't worry sis. Me and (Y/N) are just fine.

Weiss: We should be heading back to Beacon now.

We all agreed with Weiss and we walked to the nearest bullhead. We went inside and we started to head back to Beacon. We sat down and all sighed.

Ruby: Today has been a long day.

Weiss: At least it's over.

Yang: Can't wait to get to my bed and sleep forever.

Ruby: Team RWBY's first mission is a success.

She slowly raised her fist in the air. We all cheered lightly.

(Time skip)

We made it to Beacon. We are just sitting outside. Zwei was with us.

Ruby: So guys, what do we do now?

Weiss: The Vytal Festival is coming up. We could train for that.

Yang: I think we had enough training, except for (Y/N).

(Y/N): I think I had enough training.

I laid down and closed my eyes.

Yang: Really? That's surprising coming from you.

(Y/N): I guess. I was told that everyone needs to rest every once in awhile.

I felt someone get on top of me. I opened my eyes to see Zwei laying on me. I gave him some pets on the head and he closed his eyes.

Ruby: He's so cute when he sleeps.

Weiss: We should be going now.

(Y/N): You three go on ahead. Me and Zwei will stay here for a bit.

I saw Ruby and Weiss get up. They went towards Beacon academy. Yang stayed and laid down next to me.

(Y/N): You're still here?

Yang: I wanted to make sure that you won't get lonely.

I scoffed and looked away.

(Y/N): I have Zwei with me.

Yang: You want your only company to be a sleeping dog on your chest?

I started to blush.

(Y/N): Whatever.

Yang started to laugh.

Yang: You really need actual company.

I sighed and closed my eyes. Might as well take a nap like Zwei. I felt and arm on me. I opened my eyes to see Yang asleep and her arm was on me. I started to blush. I wanted to move her arm off me, but I couldn't really move without waking her or Zwei. I sighed and closed my eyes again.

(Y/N): Sweet dreams.

(Chapter 12 end)