Chapter 10

(Yang's POV)

I woke up in my bed. I got up and heard the door open. Ruby walked in holding a package.

Yang: Hey Ruby. What do you got there?

Ruby: Dad sent us a package.

Yang: Open it.

Ruby opened it and a black ball of fur came out. It jumped up and it was Zwei.

Ruby: Zwei!

Zwei jumped up on (Y/N)'s bed and woke him up by licking his face.

(Y/N): What the?!

He looked around frantically and looked at Zwei.

(Y/N): Hey Zwei. How have you been?

Zwei barked at him. (Y/N) started to pet Zwei. They both jumped down off the bed.

Weiss: Did your dad send a dog through the mail?

Yang: He does this all the time.

I reached in the package and pulled out a letter. I opened it and started to read it.

Yang: Dear girls and (Y/N). I have to leave home for awhile, so I sent Zwei for you guys to watch. I packed enough food for him, so you don't have to worry about food. Love, dad.

I picked up the package and turned it upside down. A bunch of cans of dog food came out.

Weiss: So this cute dog will be staying with us?

She picked up Zwei and snuggled him.

Weiss: We are going to be good friends.

Yang: He should be good to leave him here.

Weiss: How is he going to open those cans?

A can opener fell out the box. I threw the box away.

Ruby: Problem solved.

Zwei jumped out of Weiss's arms and walked around the pile of cans.

Ruby: Let's get going team.

(Time skip)

Everyone was in the auditorium. Today is a special day because we are going on our first mission. We are going to be shadowing a huntsman.

Ruby: Today is going to be so cool!

Weiss: I wonder which huntsman we will be shadowing?

Oobleck: Hello there! You four will be following me for your first mission!

(Y/N): You have to be kidding me.

Oobleck: Come on children! We are one minute behind schedule.

He rushed to a bullhead. I looked at (Y/N). He looked really disappointed. I gave him a pat on the back.

Yang: It's going to be fine. Professor Oobleck knows what he is doing.

Oobleck ran back and got in front of me.

Oobleck: It's doctor Oobleck!

He ran back to the bullhead.

(Y/N): Let's just get this over with.

We all went inside the bullhead. It took off and we started to fly to our destination. We sat down on the seats and waited.

Oobleck: This will be a long ride, so get comfortable.

Ruby and Weiss started to talk to each other. I was thinking about starting a conversation with (Y/N). I turned to look at him, but I noticed that he was asleep. He had his arms crossed and he is lightly snoring. I guess he is a little tired because Zwei woke him up a little early. I was starting to feel tired. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I felt him rest his head on mine.