Chapter 18

(Yang's POV)

I was in my house. All lot had happened. Beacon fell and I lost my right arm. It's been a few months and it still feels weird. I was watching t.v. and all I saw was news about Beacon and the White Fang. I sighed and turned it off. I heard the front door open.

Tai: Hey sweetie.

Yang: Hey dad.

Tai: I got you something very special.

I looked and he was holding a box. He put it on the table in front of me.

Yang: For me?

Tai: Open it.

I sat up and reached for the box. I opened it and saw a white arm.

Tai: You like it? Ironwood still owed me a favor, so it wasn't hard to get this made for you. He made it just for you.

Yang: Thanks dad, but I don't want it.

I closed the box and my dad sighed. He picked up the box.

Tai: If you ever change your mind, let me know.

I gave him a nod. He walked in the kitchen. I heard a knock on the door.

Tai: Yang, could you answer the door for me?

Yang: Sure dad.

I got up and walked to the door. I opened it and was surprised who showed up.

(Y/N): Hey Yang.

Yang: Hi (Y/N). Come inside.

I opened the door all the way and he walked in. Dad walked out the kitchen and saw (Y/N).

Tai: Good to see you (Y/N). Do you need anything?

(Y/N): No thanks.

Dad nodded and went back in the kitchen.

Yang: Why are you here?

(Y/N): How have you been?

I was taken back from his honest concern for me.

Yang: I've been fine. Just some time to adjust is all.

He nodded. We sat down on the couch.

Yang: How have you been?

(Y/N): Fine. I still got some scars from the incident.

He lifted up his shirt. I saw a scar on his stomach, from when he got stabbed.

Yang: Does it still hurt?

(Y/N): Not really.

He let go of his shirt and it fell back to cover his stomach.

(Y/N): Have you been doing anything lately?

Yang: I just help dad with the house.

Tai: Yang, could you sweep the back porch?

Yang: Sure.

I got up and grabbed a broom. I walked out side and started to sweep. I heard the door open and (Y/N) came outside.

(Y/N): Let me help.

I looked at him and froze. Did he just offer to help me? I just nodded and handed him the broom. He started to sweep the porch for me.

Yang: You seem really nice to me. Like, really nice.

He just stayed silent and continued to sweep. After a while, he finished and we walked inside.

Tai: Thanks for helping Yang, (Y/N).

(Y/N): No problem.

Tai: Can you stay here for a bit?

(Y/N) nodded and dad turned towards me.

Tai: Can we have a moment to ourselves?

Yang: Go ahead.

I walked out the kitchen and went back to the couch. I turned on the t.v. and tried to find something to watch.

(Readers POV)

Tai: It's really nice you came here and checked up on Yang, but that's not like you. Why are you being so nice to her? I remember you hating her.

(Y/N): She's my teammate. I have to be worried for her. A lot has happened and I wanted to make sure that she was ok.

Tai laughed a little and he wrapped his arms around my shoulder.

Tai: You seem to be returning to your old self.

(Y/N): What do you mean?

Tai: I remember when you and Yang were kids. When she would do so much as get a cut on her leg, you would run to her side and made sure she was ok.

I blushed a little and looked to the side.

(Y/N): That was a long time ago.

Tai just chuckled and let me go.

Tai: You really haven't changed all that much.

I sighed. I walked to the living room and sat down next to Yang in the couch. I heard some barking. I looked down to see Zwei looking at me. I picked him up and he seemed really happy that I was holding him.

Yang: You're getting soft.

(Y/N): Whats that supposed to mean?

Yang: You came all the way here to see me and you are holding Zwei. You never do that.

I blushed and looked away from Yang. She started to laugh and she changed the channel. I heard her gasp.

Yang: You remember this show? We used to watch it all the time together.

I put Zwei on my lap and looked at the television. The title screen appeared and I remembered the show.

(Y/N): Yeah. We watched this all the time.

(Time skip)

I woke up on the couch. The television was still playing the show. I checked my scroll and I was only asleep for half an hour. I looked down to see Zwei asleep on my lap. I was about to stretch my arms, but I felt weight in my right arm. I looked over to see Yang asleep and resting her head on my shoulder.

Tai: You three look so cute.

He whispered at me. I blushed and looked away.

(Y/N): You sound like Ruby.

I heard a yawn. I looked over to see Yang waking up and she stood up.

Yang: How long have I been out for?

(Y/N): Half an hour.

She walked away and Tai sat down next to me.

Tai: You know, I never seen Yang sleep that calmly in months.

(Y/N): Really?

Tai: Yeah. She barely makes fifteen minutes of sleep without waking up screaming.

He picked up Zwei gently and placed him in his dog bed.

Tai: Do you want to stay the night? It's getting cold and I know you live far from here.

(Y/N): Sure.

(Chapter 18 end)