Chapter 15

(Readers POV)

It was time for the final round of the tournament. I was siting with the crowd. I was excited to see who would win the tournament.

Port: The first match of the final round will be...

The giant screen showed two pictures of the finalists.

Port: Yang Xiao Long versus Mercury Black!

Yang and Mercury entered the middle of the arena. The middle started to rise up.

(Y/N): Give him hell Yang!

Port: Let the match... Start!

The matches started by Yang going on offense. She started to punch at Mercury, forcing him to block. He managed to kick Yang and sent her back a bit. Yang started to shoot at him. Mercury started to run to dodge Yang's bullets.

(Y/N): Yang so has this in the bag.

Mercury started to shoot dust bullets as he ran. The bullets started to circle around the arena. He got closed to Yang. She blocked for an attack. Mercury kicked her into the air. The dust bullets came crashing down where Yang landed. He started to walk away and wave at the audience.

(Y/N): Underestimating Yang will be his downfall.

A burst of flames came from the middle of the arena. Yang stood up and she was powered up. She barely had enough aura to stay in the match. She rushed over to Mercury. She gave him a barrage of punches. She gave him an uppercut. He was sent into the air slightly. Yang punched his face and knocked him down into the arena floor, breaking his aura.

Port: Yang Xiao Long is the winner of the first match!

Everyone started to cheer. Mercury sat up. Yang started to walk away, but she stopped. She turned around and punched Mercury in the knee.

(Y/N): What the?!

Everyone else was just as surprised as I was. Why would Yang attack him? That isn't like her at all. She looked around and was confused as to why everyone was booing her. Was she seeing things? Atlas soldiers went into the arena and pointed there guns at her.

(Time skip) (Yang's POV)

I was inside my dorm. Ruby, Weiss, (Y/N), and General Ironwood was here as well. Me and Ruby are sitting on Weiss's bed and Weiss and (Y/N) are sitting on my bed.

Ironwood: So you say that he attacked you first?

Yang: Yes.

Ironwood: That's not what was seen. Thousands of eyes have saw that you attacked a defenseless student.

Yang: I'm telling you, he tried to attack me!

Ironwood: I believe you. It's just that people already made their own conclusions. It pains me to say this, but you are disqualified from the tournament.

I looked down. I tried my best to hold back my tears.

Ruby: It's ok Yang. We believe you. Is that right guys?

Weiss: Of course I believe Yang.

Ruby: (Y/N)?

I looked up at him. He stayed silent and looked at me. It looked like he was staring in my soul.

(Y/N): You say he tried to attack you, but what I saw was him on the ground and you attacked him.

Weiss: What?!

Ruby: You think she did that on purpose?!

He doesn't believe me? Tears formed at the corner of my eyes, threatening to fall. For some reason, what he said hurt my heart ten times worse. He stood up and walked up to me. He knelt down in front of me. I looked down, I couldn't even look at him.

(Y/N): Look at me.

I looked up and stared him in the eyes.

(Y/N): Did he attack first?

Yang: Of course he did! I know what I saw.

He did something I wasn't expecting. He wrapped his arms around me in a hug. It felt really nice coming from him. I hugged him back.

(Y/N): I believe you. You are many things to me, but a lair is not one of them. I'm going to find out who did this.

He let me go and walked to the door.

Ironwood: Are you saying that someone is behind this?

(Y/N): Yeah. I remember hearing about people in their matches saying that they saw things that wasn't caught on camera.

Yang: Hey (Y/N).

He turned his head and looked at me.

Yang: Thanks for believing me.

(Y/N): No problem. I'm going to make who ever is doing this pay for ruining your chance at success!

He clenched his hands into fists.

Weiss: You seem really upset about this. I thought you would care because this is "Yang's problem."

She said with air quotes.

(Y/N): We are a team. This is our problem.

Ironwood: If you find anything, don't hesitate to tell me.

He just nodded he left and closed the door.

Ruby: He's right. This is our problem. Don't worry Yang, we will help find out who did this.

Yang: Thanks Ruby.

(Readers POV)

I was walking down the hall. After walking for a bit, I punched the wall in frustration.

(Y/N): When I find out who did this, they are going to wish they were never born.

I gritted my teeth. I don't know why I am getting so mad over this. I took a deep breath and regained my composure.

Ruby: Hey (Y/N).

Ruby ran in front of me.

(Y/N): Hey Ruby. What are you doing here?

Ruby: It's like you said, this is our problem. I'm going to help you find the culprit.

(Y/N): Thanks Ruby.

We started to walked together.

Ruby: Do you have any suspects?

(Y/N): No. The only thing I know is that they want to bring us down.

Ruby: Alright then. Can I ask why you hugged Yang back there?

I blushed and looked away.

(Y/N): You saw her. She was about to cry. I was just comforting her, that's all.

Ruby: You do care about Yang.

I blushed more.

Ruby: Good thing I got a picture.

I looked at her and she held up her scroll. It should a picture of me and Yang hugging.

(Y/N): I'm going to break your scroll.

Ruby: At this rate, I will have an entire book of pictures.

I tried to grab her scroll, but she got out the way. She started to run away.

(Y/N): Get back here with that scroll!

I started to go after her.

Ruby: Why are you so defensive about this stuff?

She turned a corner and I stopped. I sighed.

(Y/N): I should be figuring out who's been messing with us.

(Chapter 15 end)