38💫

________________________________________

Cheena

Emperor's chamber,

"YOUR IMPERIAL MAJESTY! I AM YOUR FAVOURITE. I'M THE MISTRESS OF YOUR HAREM. HOW CAN YOU-"

"I got many complaints from the harem ladies that you were giving them a hard time. I even heard that you flogged lady Shuang's maid for no reason. Such a shame, Mei! I was going to depose you anyways and from this day onwards, lady Shuang is the mistress of the harem. Take her out!" The emperor ordered coldly and two of the guards held Mei's arms and started to drag her.

"YOU'LL REGRET THIS! THAT WITCH WILL END YOU...ENDDDD YOUUUUUU......."

In the harem,

"Its so sad. All the poor concubines and consorts are dismissed!" Princess Liang pouted.

Some of the ladies were happy whereas some were weeping. The harem was in a mess as everyone was busy packing.

"May I help you, your highness?" Taeheong came and bowed in front of Liang.

"Ahh? No! I just came here to see how the concubines and consorts were doing!" She looked at the concubines and sighed then she looked at Taeheong and smiled, "But congratulations to you! You are now promoted to a chief eunuch!"

"Thank You!" Taeheong nodded with a smile.

"Lady Shuang might be really special to orabeoni! I never thought he would let go of all his concubines and consorts for someone!" She wondered and Taeheong just smiled.

"FASTER! FASTER! MOVE FASTER! EMPTY THE HAREM, YOU ALL!" Yakran yelled at the other maids.

"Don't try to give us orders, Yakran!"

"YAA!! COURT LADY YAKRAN I AM!"

Suddenly Mei arrived and Yakran gulped.

"You all will regret serving that witch! She used her powers and convinced the emperor to throw us all out. Mind my words, she will be the reason why you all will cry one day....or maybe worse? DIE ONE DAY!" Mei said coldly and a hush fell over the chaotic hall.

Taeheong came forward, "It would be very much appreciated if a mere commoner doesn't spread rumours about the emperor's favourite lady because of her jealousy!" Taeheong confronted her with a sweet smile.

"HUH? COMMONER? I AM A CONSORT OF 5TH RANK-"

"You were! And its understandable that you are jealous because you were the emperor's favourite till now but please don't disrespect His Majesty by spreading filthy rumours like this!" Taeheong just changed the whole perspective of the conversation.

"Right! My orabeoni can sense anyone's aura. If Lady Shuang was a witch, he would've sensed that. And have you forgotten how some of you tried to use the love potion on him and were caught? He would've sensed it if lady Shuang had tried anything so don't spread lies like that, Mei!" Liang came forward and warned her.