18🌙

Apologies for the late update 🙇‍♀️

____________________________________________

Seyeon's POV

"This kind of daggers are only found in Baekje. YOU INDEED TRIED TO KILL HER." Namjun yelled.

I looked around for Jeongguk but he wasn't there. Did he just abandon me as well? Where are you Jeongguk?

The entire courtroom became blurry as I could feel myself losing my consciousness slowly. I hit the cold ground and closed my eyes, losing my consciousness completely.
.
.
.

3rd person POV

After Namjun ordered Seyeon's execution, Ahyoon was about to say something, "But your majesty-"

"Prince Seongjin, take your princess to your room," Namjun ordered.

The guards grabbed Seyeon's arms and dragged her out of the hall, leaving a trail of Seyeon's blood on the floor. That's when her pendant dropped on the floor too.

They dragged her to the execution place. She looked pale.

It was thundering outside and the sky was dark. Some people gathered around to enjoy the view. These people are inhuman. On the first day, they enjoyed her fight where she was dying and today they are here to enjoy this. They are all beasts. They derive pleasure from seeing someone suffering. That's when a few raindrops started to fall.

They pushed Seyeon's head inside the guillotine as it started to rain heavily.

"Let's get this done quickly!" A guard said the executioner.

Seyeon's POV

I felt raindrops on my face and slowly started to regain my consciousness and immediately felt the unbearable pain again. I felt sick and nauseous. That's when one of the guards pushed my head inside the guillotine and it started to rain heavily.

"Let's get this done quickly!" I heard a guard.

Huh...you wish!

"DESTROY!"

........................

3rd person POV.

"I'm apologizing on behalf of her, dowager queen. But please save her. I know you're the only one who can save her. I know the king will listen to you-"

"Princess Ahyoon, I would like to remind you that the girl whose life you are asking from me, actually tried to kill me."

Princess Ahyoon knelt and bowed her head, "I know, your highness, and I sincerely apologize for for-"

"Stop, princess Ahyoon." The dowager queen raised her hand in dismissal.

"By defending a criminal, you're committing a crime yourself." The dowager queen glared down at Ahyoon. "But................" She crouched in front of her and smirked. "I can think about considering your request."

Anyone looked into her eyes and smiled brightly, "Thank you, your highness."

"But, why should I save my assassin? What will I gain?"

"Pardon?"

.................................

Jeongguk and Taeheong returned to the courtroom when everyone had already left and the maids were cleaning the trail of blood. Both the princes thought that yet another criminal was sentenced to death probably like always so they didn't give it much thought until Jeongguk's eyes fell on the pendant. He quickly went near it and picked it up. His eyes widened.

"Jeongguk, Taeheong, WHERE WERE YOU BOTH?" That's when Seongjin came and asked them.

"I was painting Jeongguk's portrait. " Taeheong said. "Why, Seongjin hyungnim? Is something wrong?" He asked looking at Seongjin's facial expression.

"There's no time to explain. Go and save lady Seyeon. She is getting beheaded."

"W-WHAT?" Jeongguk immediately ran away from there.

Taeheong looked at Seongjin with wide eyes and then ran after Jeongguk. Seongjin followed them.

..........................

"W-what are you talking about, dowager queen? This marriage happened so that the two kingdoms could come together. How can I ask my orabeoni to betray king Namjun?"

"BECAUSE HE BETRAYED YOUR HUSBAND, MY ELDER SON, PRINCE SEONGJIN, AND BECAME THE KING."

"Apologies, your highness, but king Namjun is also your son." 

"And your point is?"

"No matter which son is on the throne, the mother should be happy-"

"STOP PREACHING TO ME, PRINCESS AHYOON. YOU WANT THAT PEASANT'S LIFE OR NOT?"

"Yes I do but not at the cost of many other lives and my orabeoni's pride. This marriage is supposed to be a friendly treaty and not the declaration of war...and I, princess Ahyoon, will do anything to protect this friendship and my orabeoni's promises. Thank you for your help. Now allow me to leave." Ahyoon bowed and left the room. She came across Inhyeon on her way out and bowed to the latter to which Inhyeon nodded. Ahyoon then went towards her room and Inhyeon went inside the dowager's room.

"ARGHHHH!!!!!" In anger, the dowager queen threw away the vase that was on the table and it shattered into pieces.

"Tsk tsk...seems like princess Ahyoon said something that you didn't like, mother-in-law."

"INHYEON! HOW DID YOU GET IN WITHOUT PERMISSION-"

"Queen! Queen Inhyeon and the queen can go anywhere without permission." Inhyeon smirked.

"Haha...yeah 'queen' without a king. Wasn't my game on point today?"

"Yes! That's the reason why I am here now. Congratulations now you will be known as the grandmother of a peasant." Inhyeon laughed.

"What do you mean?" The dowager queen frowned.

"Oh? So you knew that the game was important but you didn't know why it was? This is why they say that half knowledge is dangerous." Inhyeon smirked and the dowager queen frowned. "But no problem. I'm here to enlighten you. It was decided that whoever will win these games, will give Goguryeo its heir. So congratulations. Yeong, whom you didn't want to become the queen, will one day become the dowager queen." Inhyeon glared at the dowager queen and left.

"No....no...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......THIS CAN'T BE....." The dowager queen sat on the floor in disbelief.

On the other hand, queen Inhyeon was happy to have used the dowager queen's own weapon on her. 

.....................................

"SEYEONNNNN" Jeongguk came running to the execution place and saw everyone motionless on the ground. It was still raining.

"Seyeonnnnn." He ran towards the guillotine and released her.

"Seyeon! Seyeon, wake up. I'M SORRY I WASN'T THERE. PLEASE WAKE UP." He lightly patted her cheeks while tears started to form in his eyes.

____________________________________________

Comments and votes are appreciated because they motivate me for what I do🙂