43💫

__________________________________________

Jeongguk's POV

I was keeping a close eye on the emperor when Seyeon lost her consciousness suddenly. I put my arms around her out of reflex.

"My lady, are you ok?" The emperor approached to cup her face but I picked her up and the emperor gave me a suspicious look.

"Your imperial majesty, as her bodyguard it is a part of my job! Please do not worry. I'll take her to the physician!" I bowed.

"BUT YOU-"

"He is right your imperial Majesty, it is your birthday feast. Kings and nobles from all the direction are here today. The show must go on!" The king's advisor whispered but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"Yes the show will continue but only after I ensure that she is ok!" The emperor rose up from the throne. "Let's go!" The emperor glared at me and I bowed.

He walked out of the hall and I followed his lead while carrying Seyeon. Taeheong hyungnim, her court lady and her maids followed me anxiously.

We went to Seyeon's room. The emperor called the royal physician as I gently put her down on her bed.

I looked at her face, "Seyeon-ah, what is happening?" I was worried when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Taeheong hyungnim. He squeezed my shoulder and gave a tight nod.

Soon the physician came in and everyone anxiously waited for the physician to speak. The physician checked her pulse, then put a hand on her belly and then beamed at the emperor.

"Congratulations your imperial Majesty! Her highness is pregnant!"

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened. That was the happiest news of my life!

The emperor was as happy as me. I wish he knew that he isn't the father.

I stood there still trying to process the news when Taeheong hyungnim whispered in my ears, "Congratulations, brother!" He smiled brightly.

I hugged Taeheong hyungnim, tears of happiness started to flow from eyes and Taeheong hyungnim patted on the back of my head.

"Finally this empire will get a heir! Thank you, my lady!" The emperor kneeled down in front of her bed and held her hands. That's when Seyeon slowly opened her eyes.

Seyeon's POV

I opened my eyes and saw Jeongguk standing and crying. I became worried but as I was about to get up, I felt a pull on my hand. I turned my head and saw the emperor holding my hands. I quickly withdrew my hand and got up. I looked at everyone inside the room. Everyone looked happy for some reason.

"What is happening?"

"Congratulations, your highness! You'll become a mother!" The physician said and my eyes widened. I put a hand on my mouth and looked at Jeongguk, trying to figure out his feelings.