07🌙

_________________________________________

Jeongguk was riding his horse and was on his way back to Goguryeo.

"His majesty trusted me with a small work and I couldn't even do it. I think people are right...I'm worthless. His majesty has always supported me even though my father never did and here I am, returning to the kingdom after failing to do my job. I don't know how he will react after he hears that Baekje asked for a royal wedding to seal the friendship bond. He remains so sick these days, I'm really worried about his health and now this." He was thinking about all these as he reached the entrance of Goguryeo.

Inside the king's quarters in Goguryeo,

The king was currently resting and his condition was deteriorating with time. Only the royal physician was allowed inside the king's room and no one else because the king ordered him to do so.

"Ugh...I can't believe that none of us are allowed inside the king's room." The queen rolled her eyes.

"Your majesty, please calm down. His majesty will be alright."

"Shut up princess Inhyeon! I'm not worried about him. I'm worried about the will. I don't know whose name he put on it."

"Aunt?" the princess was shocked.

"I-I mean, as you know that your uncle is very much fond of that stupid concubine's son, I'm worried if he had put his name on it. Plus I don't even have my sons here right now. Oh my god, why did I even send all three of them to their maternal home." She rubbed her temples.

"Your highness, please don't speak so lowly of my brother Jeongguk. Honestly, he never did any harm to you. Why do you hate him so much?" Inhyeon frowned.

"PRINCESS INHYEON! ARE YOU QUESTIONING THE QUEEN? You lowly ranked people will never learn manners. I don't know what did the late king see in your father and called him his second son and offered him royalty. All his family ever do is bring shame to the royal court. " She looked at Inhyeon with disgust.

"You must gave forgotten again, your Majesty. Let me tell you again....my father helped the late king to establish his rule over this kingdom alongside your husband. That's why the late king was impressed and offered him royalty and called him his second son." Inhyeon bowed politely.

"And that doesn't mean that you are having royal blood in your veins. You are still a peasant and so is your brother. Now return to your chambers at once!" The queen ordered. Inhyeon was disgusted and felt angry. She clenched her jaw and bowed a bit and left.

After a while,

"Prince Jeongguk is here." The servant announced.

"Ask him to go away because no one is allowed inside the king's chambers." The queen said.

But suddenly the doors to the king's room opened and the physician came out.

"No. Ask him to come inside. The king is continuously asking for his presence." The physician said.