Extra Chapter 2: Hunting Event

Goguryeo, before the
time travel,

"In honor of His Majesty's birth anniversary, His Majesty has organized a hunting event. The princes, courtiers, warriors and soldiers will take part in it. Whoever will hunt the most will be crowned as the best warrior of Goguryeo." The royal minister explained to the crowd. In front of the crowd were standing the four princes dressed in royal hunting robes. Prince Jeongguk was wearing a charming black hanbok with a red waist band to carry his sword. A quiver hung on his back carrying his arrows and his bow hung on his shoulders as he had a smirk on his face. Prince Taeheong was in an lavish purple hanbok looking disinterested in the whole event. Beside him stood prince Seongjin in an elegant pink hanbok, who was twirling his flute between his fingers, looking equally disinterested in the event as his brother. Both the princes had no weapons with them. Last but not the least, there stood prince Namjun wearing a royal blue hanbok with a quiver filled with arrows and a bow in his hand.

Namjun looked up at the place where his father and mother were sitting. Even though his father looked a bit pale, he seemed happy. He followed his father's eyes to look for the source of his smile and found out it was because of Jeongguk's enthusiastic self. While on the other hand, the queen was smiling at prince Seongjin while nodding at him proudly even though Seongjin looked disinterested in the event. Namjun's eyes drifted towards the other two person sitting next to them, princess Inhyeon and her father. Her father was eating some fruits while looking at the crowd while.

"I'll hunt a tiger for you, Inhyeon."  Namjun said under his breath while looking at a smiling Inhyeon. He looked at the person at whom she was smiling and found out it was Jeongguk again. Jeongguk was doing some stretching to warm up.

Namjun giggled at him, "He is the hero of this event!"

"He sure is!" Seongjin put a hand on Namjun's shoulder and smiled.

"Hyungnim, ain't you taking part in the event?" Namjun asked looking at Seongjin's unarmed self.

"Oh yes I am taking part but whether I am hunting or not that's the real question!" Seongjin said twirling his flute.

"Jeongguk!!! Can you catch a rabbit for me?" Taeheong asked with a pout.

"Okay hungnim!" He nodded, "Are you going to roast it?"

"Roast? What? NO! I want it alive...I want to keep it as a pet!"

"ANDDDD THE HUNT BEGINS NOW!!!!!!" As soon as the royal minister said that, all the hunters rushed inside the forest as a group of dancers and singers entered the scene to entertain the royal members and the few old courtiers who didn't join the hunt.

In the forest, Seongjin found a huge tree and sat underneath it, "Let me play some calming music for all these hunters." He closed his eyes and started to play his flute. His divine melody drew a flock of birds near the tree. The birds matched his rhythm and sang along with his fulte's tune.

"Goodness! What great power music holds! His Highness caught a flock of birds without even injuring them!" One passerby hunter admired.

"His Highness is really so talented. Look how handsome and graceful he is looking." Another hunter looked at Seongjin and complimented.

On the other hand, Taeheong climbed on a tree and sat on a branch from where he could see the most of the hunting grounds.

"Ahh perfect spot!" He took out a paint brush, ink pot and a paper from his sleeve, "What should I draw?"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Suddenly a scream drew his attention. He looked around and saw a hunter being chased by a wild boar. Taeheong's eyes twinkled as he stroke the paper with his brush while watching the scene.