09 | madness behind the beauty

m a d n e s s   b e h i n d   t h e   b e a u t y

m a d n e s s   b e h i n d t h e   b e a u t y

Meghan and Jade attacked me in second period that morning, bombarding me with questions about Aaron and how the tutoring went. I told them nearly everything about what happened yesterday, except the two major events: what Aaron and I did in his room, and especially the situation with Mark. That will forever remain a secret.

I don't feel guilty about withholding information. They don't have to know, and if Aaron screws me over I won't be so ashamed. The only people that would know are me and the house maid that was mopping the hall outside his door. I assume that she heard everything that was going on. I blush at the thought of it.

"Elizabeth Harte?" a voice interrupts Meghan mid sentence.

It was Kelly, Aaron's girlfriend.

His girlfriend.

Fúck.

How could I be so stupid and forget that he has a girlfriend? How could I let him play me so easily? My heart crumbles in my chest, and I swear I could hear it.

"Elizabeth?" Kelly asks, "May I speak to you in private?" her brown eyes hid something I couldn't exactly point out.

"Sure." Turning to Meghan and Jade, I nod for them to continue to lunch without me.

Kelly grabs my hand quite forcefully and drags me to out the classroom and towards the back, un-crowded part of the hallway. There, we're met with her two followers, Amber and Talia.

Amber was a tall, thick girl with usual brown eyes, except everything about her was perfect. Talia had light brown hair and green eyes, and was equally as pretty. The only difference is that she wasn't as tall.

However, they didn't really matter because their combined beauty wasn't half as much as Kelly's. Kelly looks like some kind of West Indian princess. She has smooth, chocolate colored skin and real, long black hair. Her eyes are brown, and she has a perfect curvy figure. She's the type that if any low self-esteemed girl were ever to look at her, they would keel over and die from jealousy.

She's absolutely gorgeous.

But never let her beauty fool you for a second. She looks nice but once you get on her bad side, she'll bite your head off. So, that's why I instantly feel like a poor mouse hiding from a cobra when she glares down at me.

"I know you were with Aaron yesterday."

"Y-yeah?" I stuttered.

"Y-yeah," she mocks. "He is mine. I understand that you're his tutor, or whatever, but that is it. Nothing else. I don't want to see you hangin' out with him after school, before school- ever." Kelly snaps. "Don't talk to him, don't look at him; don't even think about him. Understand?"