23 | same old mistakes

Russ - Ain't Nobody Taking My Baby

s a m e   o l d   m i s t a k e s

s a m e o l d m i s t a k e s

Aaron
     Damn, I fúcked up. I really fúcked up.

"Shít!" I whispered aloud.

I opened the door and Elizabeth looked up at me with the most broken expression. She seemed as if she she could barely stand and I can't believe how bad of a beating she took. I was in complete and utter shock.

"C-Can I stay here tonight?" she asked. Her voice wasn't even the same anymore.

I wrapped her arm around my shoulder and mine around her waist to help her to my couch. She whimpered from pain.

"Matt!" I yelled, "Matt!"

In less than ten seconds, Matt is already coming down the stairs. "What the-" he quickly put his gun away upon noticing Elizabeth.

"Go start a bath in my room and find the first aid kit," I instructed and Matt's eyes that told me that he knew just how badly I messed up.

I was all she had, yet I betrayed her. It was so obvious that she liked me and I liked her too, but I let lust control me and soI had to live with the guilt. And Matt's passive aggressiveness.

I kneeled in front of her to examine her eyes. "Follow my finger, okay?"

I did everything that my cutmen do in between rounds. I checked her pupils, checked for abnormal swelling and signs internal bleeding, analyzed her nosebleed. I started palpation procedures and Elizabeth suddenly cried even more.

I panicked, "What? I did something wrong? Was that too rough?"

"No, it's not you."

"Then what happened?"

She was trembling and her breathing was shaky and she could barely think properly. Her whole world was falling apart, right in front of me.

"H-He," Elizabeth tried to force her words out.

"Just say it," I coaxed, holding her bruised face. "You can tell me anything, baby. You can trust me."

Liar.

Hypocrite.

"He...touched me."

No...

"Did he...?"

"Not really, he just-" her voice started to crack.

Not really? He molested her?

My heart broke and guilt consumed me. If I just tried harder and convinced her to come over. If I had just taken her to my house. Why did I let her go back in, knowing that Mark was going to be home? I was so damn stupid.