16 | affection

a f f e c t i o n

a f f e c t i o n

     I was awake for almost five minutes, watching Aaron while he drew in soft breaths in his sleep. I admired every aspect of his features; from his sharp jaw line and long eyelashes to the way his cherry lips parted slightly. He had a faint scar under his right eye that looked like it had been done by a blade, while the other had a tattoo of a small 'x' directly on his cheek bone. A purple bruise formed around his eye from the fight last night and his bottom lip was busted. I moved my fingers along his inked chest, feeling his smooth skin. How could someone have all these flaws and still be so perfect? I would lay down and just stare at him all day if I could.

Aaron held me close to his side, gripping me tight. I never felt so safe in my life. I didn't have to watch my back to make sure no one's watching. I didn't feel like I have to think five times before speaking. And it was all because of Aaron.

I crawled up to his sleeping face to kiss on his cheeks and then on the soft skin of his neck. My hands stretched across Aaron's broad shoulders to feel the thick muscle underneath. Aaron visibly relaxed under my touch, less tense as he sighs blissfully.

"Mmh... Good morning." I repeated the action and a relaxed smile played on his full lips. I couldn't help but imagine how good it would feel to have them on mine again.

"Can I ask you something?"

He nodded, keeping his eyes closed.

"What's your favorite cartoon show?" I feel my lips twitch up to a smile. Aaron's eyes were still closed, however he looked bemused by my random question.

"Tom and Jerry," he answered. "Back when I was in elementary, my ma, older brother and I would get together on her bed every day after school and watch tv together. The first thing we would watch was Tom and Jerry; it was our favorite thing to do."

"You got along with you mom?" I move closer and he nods tiredly. "So why don't you live with her now?" The question had been buzzing in my head since I got here last night. Did he get kicked out, or did he move out?

"It's complicated." The small smile disappears and the structure of his tone lets me know not to ask about that subject anymore.

I sigh, "Okay." I look away to ask a common question. "What's your favorite color?"

"Black and white."

"I said color, not colors."

"Then what am I supposed to answer?" Aaron chuckles underneath me.

"Choose. Which one do you like better, black or white?"

"Which would you choose?"

"White," my breath hitches in my throat when his fingers begin to draw circles on my lower waist. My bare skin is lit on fire wherever he touched.