11

-george pov-

the screen loaded..."is this really a good idea?"

i don't even know why i'm coming back to this. didnt i want to avoid it? shouldn't i avoid it? did i secretly enjoy reading this, but didn't want to admit it?

maybe

i shut my phone off, now staring up at the ceiling.

what's the worst that could happen? catch feelings..pft. dreams my best friend, i won't catch feelings. he's straight anyways. but so am i..

but i was curios to what would happen next. even tho i knew the answer, it was a fan-fiction. meaning we'd probably end up falling in love. "but how" i wondered.

i let out a sigh, "fuck it" i mumbled. turning my phone back on, going back to the 5th chapter. i scrolled down, attempting to find where i had left off an hour prior.

i continued reading for about 15. minutes. some parts causing me to blush. "god why am i like this? it was only meant to be a subgoal."

i ignored my thoughts and continued reading, starting at chapter 9. i was about to scroll down to the next chapter until something popped up onto my screen.

incoming call: dream :)

"fuck"

i hesitated before clicking the "answer" button. after answering i close out of the wattpad app, letting out a sigh.

"hey george"

"hi"

"what are you up to"

"oh..um. i was just scrolling through twitter" i stuttered

lies

"oh cool!" he replied. he didn't sound like he believed me though.

"why'd you call" i softly spoke, trying not to sound nervous.

"i called to apologize actually..." he mumbled

"apologize? for what?" what is he apologizing for?

i tried thinking back to earlier of something he would've done wrong. but nothing came to mind.

"for making all of those flirty jokes during the stream. i wasn't really thinking before i said anything, sorry if i made you uncomfortable."

"oh you're fine, don't worry about it."

"are you sure george? usually you don't like it when i flirt with you."

"cla-dream it's fine"

fuck. FUCK. i hope he didn't hear that

"clay?!" he questions.

of course he had noticed.

"sorry, i have been reading fan-fiction all day using the name clay and not dream." i replied sarcastically.

literally all day

"hmm, i guess that's true."

dream and i kept making small talk while he continued editing his video. we made a couple flirty jokes here and there. he was surprised i flirted back.

until i got bored though. not bored of talking to dream of course. i was just staring at my floor while on call.

i decided to go back into my room. i left the living room while still on call with dream. i sat down at my pc and turned it on. i decided to edit as well.

we mainly sat in silence. but it was a comforting silence.

i imported my clips into my editing software, and began editing.

i edited about 10 minutes of my video so far, i still had about 50 minutes left of the recording to go through.

i then got another 15 minutes done. except after that i couldn't focus. i was thinking of everything but editing.

but it wasn't just something. it was someone.

and that someone was dream.

-----
words: 555
i'm curious do people actually enjoy this story? i know nothing about writing. i just got bored in math one day and kinda stuck to it LMAO
votes are pog :]