5.Banishing

Play - The Hills by The Weekend - on repeat 

As day turned to dusk, Gladers surrounded the entrance of the maze, Each keeper on the inside of the semi-circle holding a long T shaped pole. Athena stood about 5 meters apart from the group holding her sword that is usually on her belt, in her hand. Being the best at combat in the Glade she was given the job that if the banished where to try and run she would be the person to catch them if they got past the keepers. Having no emotion shown on her face, her eyes spoke everything anyone would need to know. Ben was her friend, one of the best she had, he was kind, honest and respectful to anyone around, the fact he got stung was by chance and he just had the worst luck. The youngest in the Glade stood behind Athena, wanting to see the event happen but was scared the infected man would try to go after him like he was Thomas.

As Minho walked up with a tied up Ben, you could see the significant changes in him. His voice was deeper and all senses were compromised. Every Glader either had a look showing no emotion, or a look of sympathy and sadness even anger in some of them. "Just listen to me. Just please, listen to me." Ben pleaded in a deep ill voice as his friend dragged him past Athena. Getting closer to the group the more Ben repeated his pleades of help. "Please, Minho. Alby" Once making it to the inside of the semi-circle, none keepers backed away from the situation incase of any problems.

As Ben tried to fight back Minho's strength by being pushed to the floor, he cut the ropes around his wrists and let him fall to the ground on all fours. Athena moved closer to the group getting in a more prepared position and adjusting her grip on the handle. As the group adjusted their poles and spears, Thomas ran up next to Chuck confused as ever. Hearing the sobbing of Ben caused Athena to shed a tear of despair knowing that her friend wouldn't be coming back. No one ever did, Minho moved to the start of the doors in front of petrified Ben and threw a bag of survival supplies to last a night for Ben to work with. The sound of the doors starting to awake alerted the group that it was time, causing Ben's pleads becoming more and more desperate. Thomas walked towards the group slowly knowing what was about to happen, as he got closer Athena put her sword wielding arm in front of the Greenie stopping him in his tracks. Thomas looked towards Chuck looking for answers, as he turned to ask Athena he saw a lone tear fall down her reddened cheek knowing instantly of the outcome of the situation.

A gust of wind flew out of the maze, blowing in the face of the Gladers, as Ben tried to back away from the inevitable. On Alby's command the poles were lifted and directed in the blondes' way , stopping from backing away any more. As Athena watched the group carefully, along with trying to stop Thomas from interfering, "Chuck go to the kitchen and wait for us to get back!" she told the young boy knowing no younger child should see the death sentence of a friend take place. As the curly haired boy walked away, Ben stood up trying to walk towards his friends pleading for forgiveness, as the doors started closing the boys moved towards the infected pushing him closer and closer to the maze.

"No, no, no.Please I can get better." pleading unconvincingly as pure fear filled his body as he was backed in the middle of the closing doors. Not understanding the reasoning of the situation Thomas tried to move forward trying to prevent the loss of a friend, but as he walked past Athena she swiftly pulled him back by his wrist and lightly but still forcefully kicked him in the stomach causing him to fall behind her on the ground.

Benign trapped in between two very close closing stone doors, having no other option, Ben fled to into the maze side of the doors not wanting to be crushed. As one final seal of the doors sounded and the teenagers backed away from the doors, Thomas stood up still behind Athena once again looking at the group in shock. Each member of the group had a look of grief on their face. Alby turned to look at the group, looking at each of their faces, "He belongs to the maze now." With that the group followed in Albys footsteps going further into the Glade.