22. Breakout

Song; Revolution - The Score (repeat)

The group awaited for Thomas and Aris in silence, Athena kept noticing the glances she was getting from her friends due to their new found information. After what felt like a lifetime, the opening to the vent flew open and a hurried Thomas crawled out.

"Thomas!" Minho shouted.

"We gotta go. We gotta go right now." Thomas alerted the group running towards the door.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Minho explained.

"What do you mean 'we gotta go'? Newt asked.

"They're coming. Come on. We gotta go." Thomas said not answering their questions and barricading the door. "Paige. She's still alive"

"What happened in there?" Frypan asked. "Aris what happened?" he asked the young boy who looked terrified.

Athena walked up to the boy and wrapped and arm round his shoulder and brought him to sit on her bed. She crouched in front of him, "Aris what did you see?" she asked calmly away from the rest of the chaos.

"It-- it's Wicked. You were right. It's them." he said his voice cracking from disbalife.

Athena nodded in  understanding quickly, grabbing her backpack and throwing it over her shoulder and putting her stolen gun in between her belt and jean waist band.walking to the main group. "Thomas, can you just calm down and talk to us." Newt said to the adrenaline filled boy.

"She's still alive." Thomas repeated.

"Who's she? Teresa?" Frypan asked.

"Ava."

"Ava?" Newt repeated, "Will you just turn around and talk to us?"

"It's WCKD!" Thomas shouted, causing the group to go silent, only Athena's footsteps from walking to the group and away from Aris could be heard. "It's still Wicked. It's always been Wicked."

"Thomas." Newt said intensely, "What did you see?"

---------------------------

Bursting through a vent the group desperately crawled out after Tomas' command. "Okay, Let's go!"

"You guys go ahead. There's something I gotta do." Aris informed, causing the group to look at him.

"What are you talking about?"

"Trust me. It's important. You guys wanna get out of here, right? Just go."

"I'll go with him." Athena said.

"What no." Newt defended looking at her like she was crazy.

"I'll be fine," she said as she reached behind her and pulled out the hidden gun. "See, we'll be fine."

"Okay, Thea, go! Go!" Thomas agreed. "Come on." As Athena and Aris climbed back into the vent the rest of the group ran the other way.

"Are you sure we can trust this kid?" Minho asked.

"You don't want to know where we'd be without him."

--------------------------------

Jumping down from a ceiling vent and into the new corridor, the alarm sounding through the building, the girl and boy duo looked at each other worryingly. "Please tell me you know what we are doing?" She asked.

"Well I have no other choice then to say yes," she replied as he started to run down the corridor.

"I- ye you got a point there." she said as she followed him in a speed up jog.