30. Looped

Making their way out of the building, the three walked through the street. Distant voices sounded close by. "Hey, do you hear that?" Thomas asked looking in the direction.

"Are you ok?" Athena asked as Brenda took off her bag and sat on the ground. Brenda pulled up her Jeans to reveal human teeth marks, filled with Black fluid.

"Shit." Brenda breathed out.

"Brenda.." Thomas said sympathetically.

"Yeah, yeah. I know."

"Do you want me to do it?" Athena asked as she crouched down in front of the women. With a nod of her head, Athena grabbed the bandages out of her hand and started to wrap the wound. As she finished she picked up the left over bandages, "Can I borrow these for my wrist?" she asked.

"Yeah, sure." she answered as Thomas grabbed Brenda's hand and pulled her up.

Turning to face away from the pair she quickly tied it round her waist at a Crank scratch, just in case. Using the rest to wrap round her wrist, hand and palm as support.

"Let's go find Marcus." Brenda breathed out as she started to limp forwards.

Walking out of the alley the group walked into a street filled with people. "Okay. Try to blend in." Brenda suggested. The two nodded and the three walked down the street walking towards the loud chatter.

As they walked through they continued to see families and children dirty, malnourished. "Doubt Wicked even acknowledges all this." Athena whispered in an angered tone, to Thomas as they looked round.

Turning the corner, they found a street crowded with people, all chatting and partying away like their lives depended on it.

------------------------

Play - Gangster by Kehlani

-----------------------

"Are you sure this is the place?" Thomas asked, looking at Brenda.

"You here for the party?" A tall, blonde woman asked as she walked up stood next to Athena, making her look even more short.

"Uh no." Brenda replied, turning round to look at the women. "We're looking for Marcus, this is the place isn't it?"

"This is my place." A male voice answered in front of them.

Turning to look at the man, the woman pushed the teens forwards, to a blonde who had a purple suit on and bags under his eyes, his body littered with jewelry.

"Are you Marcus?" Thomas asked, looking the man up and down.

"Marcus doesn't live here anymore." he answered, a little too quickly causing Athena to raise an eyebrow and narrow her eyes at the man.

"Do you know where we can find him?" Brenda asked.

"Sure, sure, he's over in Zone B."

"Ok." Thomas started, "Where's Zone B?"

"It's where they burn the bodies." The blonde woman whispered in Thomas' ear as her arm slid round Athena's lower back causing the girl to stiffen.

Hearing a stifled grunt, Athena turned round to see someone's body be pulled back by three pairs of hands and into a building, her attention was turned back to Thomas as he spoke again.

"Okay, look, has anyone else been by here looking for him?" walking closer to the guy, "Group of kids around our age? They had a girl with them." The last sentence causes Athena to roll her eyes.

"You know, uh--, I think they might be inside." he said no making eye contact.

"Guys--" Athena started, only to feel a tight grip on her jacket by the blonde haired woman.