46. We're All Bloody Inspired

"Thomas, you have to listen to me." Teresa said as the three strutted through the corridors panicked. "Getting that serum won't save Newt." she said, not knowing Thomas' knowledge of the plan. "It might buy him some time, but-"

"Just ignore her." Newt interrupted. "She's trying to get inside your head."

"Thomas, listen. You know what's going on out there, people are dying. The world is dying. There's something about your blood I don't understand Athen--"

"Open it." Thomas interrupted as they came to the door, already knowing the plan, and wanting to keep Newt out of it.

"I promise I can protect you." she said as they walked through the door.

"Yeah? Like you protected Minho?!" he snapped back taking off his helmet and throwing it to the floor.

What are you doing?" Newt scolded.

"How many people is it gonna take? How many more people do they have to round up, tourture, kill." he said, trying to keep Newt in the dark and for him not to panic. "Huh? When the hell does that stop?"

"It stops when we find a cure."

"There is no god damn cure." he snapped back, him having his own doubts in trusting Athena on this.

"Don't waste your breath, Teresa." Janson announced walking round the corner, gun pointed at them. "He made his choice long ago."

"Drop it, kid." A guard shouted as three ran down the corridors, more on the other side and one on the upper floor balcony.

Thinking fast, Thomas grabbed Teresa and held the gun against her head. "Back up. Tell 'em to back up." Thomas threatened.

"Hey Thomas, come on." Janson said, stalking forwards. "It's me. I've known you a lot longer than you can remember. You're not gonna shoot her.''

"You don't think so?" he challenged.

Play - Riot by Hollywood Undead - on repeat 

"Ok. go on then." Janson said, surrendering his gun. "Shoot her. Prove me wrong."

As Thomas was panicking, Teresa looked up on the balcony on the upper floor, seeing the guard she was looking at and slightly nod, she saw the guards gun point turn onto Janson. And Teresa saw a lockdown button for the med bay beside her.

"Shoot her." Janson growled.

As a gunshot fired, Teresa quickly turned round and pushed Newt and Thomas passed the door barrier and pressed the button a glass door blocking the entry. "Clear! Clear!" Janson shouted, holding his shoulder that was just glazed by a bullet, as the others shot at the bullet proof door.

Looking up at the balcony seeing no one there Janson ran and smacked the glass looking at Thomas and Newt. Thomas walked away, Newt quickly taking off his helmet and followed.

"Your story better be good." Janson threatened Teresa.

"I just did you a favour. Doors are sealed. They can't get out." she said walking away. "Janson, I need 'em alive."

As Teresa walked out of the elevator onto the floor of her lab, she was greeted by a guard. "Stuffs in there. You pull this off, you can come with us to the safe haven. And also thank you for trying this, if this works I owe you and Thomas everything." Athena said, and with that turned back round and headed for another elevator.

---------------------------------------

"Okay. We need to get out of here right now." Gally said to the kids. "You stay close to me and Stick together. You guard these with your life, you understand?" he said handing the bag of serum to a boy. He nodded. "All right. Let's go!" he shouted all of them following his lead.