37. Innovation

Play - Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen - on repeat

Pulling out a pocket watch Jorge checked the time, the ticking prominent in the silence of the car. "They're late." he huffed, putting pocket watch back.

After a few more moments of silence, a train horn sounded close by, grabbing both their attention. Brenda, now with her hair to her shoulders, grabbed the gun in front of her and loaded it, as Jorge started the engine, and pulled a metal two piece protection into the empty window space. As they both shared a look he grabbed the clutch and dove to the source of the sound at full speed.

Driving alongside the train, they slowly caught up towards the front. The passengers inside hear the car. As they got to the front, the two drivers of the train looked to their right to see the car, completely oblivious to the car coming from behind the other side.

"Brenda, we're coming up from behind." Thomas informed through the walkie talkie, as Vince drove the car. "Keep, 'em busy."

"Hang on!" Vince warned as he sped up.

-------------------------

Standing on her seat Brenda held the gun and fired at the drivers, causing them to duck down missing the hit. Brenda sat back down in her seat as Jorge laughed.

"Call it in!" One of the drivers commanded the other.

"Transport zero-one-niner, we got in trouble and the rail line. Mile 23, send backup! Send backup!" the other driver said into the intercom.

"Roger that. On our way." the pilot of the berge confirmed.

-----------------------------

Thomas and Vince drove their car onto the railway line, so it was directly in line with the train. "This is crazy, Thomas!" Vince commented.

"Wasn't my plan!" Thomas shouted back.

-----------------------------

A guard came out of a door from one the carriages and started to shoot at Jorge and Brenda. Jorge started to shoot back through the gap in the metal window.

---------------------------

As the car became closer to the rear of the train, Thomas climbed out of his seat and onto the hood of the car, grabbing a metal hook attached to wire that was attached to the car.

"Get me closer!" Thomas instructed.

Vince complied and as the car almost touched the train, Thomas latched the hook onto the train and jumped onto the platform. "Come on, Vince!"

Vince steadily, after making sure the car won't drift, got onto the hood of the car, as he did one of the tiers below him popped from the ruble be, pushing himself back up Vince steadied himself once again.

"Jump!" Thomas shouted.

Following orders, Vince jumped barely making it. As he reached the platform, the hook flew off as the car drifted off course.

"Shit!" Vince breathed out looking behind him.

"Let's go!" Thomas ordered.

"Hey! Berge!" Vince said pointing at an upcoming aircraft.

"Just like Thea said." Thomas muttered. "Hey, Brenda! You got company!" he said into the intercom.

----------------------------

"Go! Go! Go!" Brenda shouted at Jorge, as the berge started to shoot at the car."Watch out!"

"Holy shit!" Jorge expressed.