19. Showers

Whoo!" Sam shouted

"All right!" Winston exclaimed

"Oh man!" Frypan called out.

"This is great!" Winston declared again.

"Frypan, how do you feel over there?" Minho asked, amused.

As the boys cheered harmonized with the sounds of fresh clean water hitting the floor, Thomas looked down to see drip off his body. The blood of Chuck. The blood of a young innocent boy. Who didn't deserve anything bad in the world.

One by one the boys cleaned up and wrapped a towel round them. They walked to the changing rooms to find benches with folded clothes on top and a paper name tag on each set of clothes and shoes. Walking up to their names, Frypan walked up to him and looked to the left to see girls clothes, seeing Athena's name he looked round the group to see her nowhere in sight. "Hey guys," Fry spoke up and the rest looked at him, none of them had even had the chance to dress yet. "You guys see Thea yet?"

"No, don't think she's back yet why?" Minho asked as him and Newt walked up to him.

"Well her clothes are here so i'm going to guess she's most likely in the showers still since we were all there for like half an hour."

"I'll go look for her." Newt said, "And take her clothes to her so you shanks don't stare." he said, eyeing mainly Minho and Frypan and walking off.

-------------------

play - They Don't Know About Us by One Direction - now

-------------------

As he walked out of the changing room and back into the steam full shower room, he could hear a single shower cubicle still running. Turning the corner he could see steam flowing out of the top of it, laying the clothes and shoes on the bench outside the cubicle. Newt walked up to the curtain and knocked on the wall beside it. "Thea, love is that you?" Hearing sniffles along with the flowing water his concern only grew. "Thea?"

"Yeah, i- i'm fine" her voice strained.

"What happened?" he asked, still stood outside the curtain and one arm leaning against the wall.

"Nothing, it's fine."

"Thea just tell me."

As he said that her head poked out of the other side of the shower curtain, her cheeks puffed and tear stained. "You saw the video back at the lab, you have a brain, you can guess what they talked about." she said trying not to let her eyes trail downwards, but ultimately failing.

Forgetting he just had a towel around his waist he tried not to chuckle at her staring, "Want to explain a bit further?"

"Can we talk about it later?" she said looking down at the ground.

Nodding his head and not wanting to push her any further his eyes fell onto a chain he hadn't seen before. Walking closer to her his hand lightly grabbed the necklace to inspect it, "Haven't seen this before." he said then looking back up at her.

"Yeah, I kind of kept it hidden from everyone. I was wearing it when I arrived in the box. The ring was already attached to it."

As he hummed in reply he looked back down at it to inspect the ring as well, Athena just stared at his face watching the drops of water from his damp now brown hair fall down his body. Feeling her stare on him, he looked back at her ace and into her eyes. As amber eyes met chocolate ones, the only sounds throughout the room were the light sounds of water hitting the solid ground behind her, both unknowingly leaning in they learned their foreheads together, their breaths becoming heavier. When their lips finally connected and their eyes fluttered shut, Athena started to walk backwards and back into the shower slightly pulling Newt with her. Dropping his towel without breaking the kiss, he joined her under the water and the kiss suddenly becoming more passionate. More desperate.