20. Files

earing loud chatter from crowds of people, Thomas walked through the entrance to see a cafeteria full of people. Teenagers. Just like them. Seeing the arrival of Thomas, Minho giddily walked towards the confused boy. "Hey, Thomas!"

Hey, Minho, what's going on?"

"We weren't the only maze. Come on." The pair walk towards the table full of familiar Gladers.

Turning round at the footsteps, Athena and Newt sent a kind smile to the pair as a new guy they met, David, was in the middle of explaining. "And there was this big, loud explosion, and these guys came out of nowhere. Started shooting up the place."

"It was intense." the boy next to him nodded.

"They pulled us out the maze, and brought us here." David finished.

"What about the rest?" Newt asked. The boys just looked at him. "The other people left behind in the maze, what happened to them?"

"I don't know" the boy shrugged. "I guess WCKD till has them"

Thomas, Newt, Minho and Athena all glanced at each other. "How long have you guys been here?" Newt asked.

"Not long. Just a say or two. That kid over there, he's been here the longest." He said glancing at a short brunette boy with his hood up self isolating himself away from the others. "Almost a week."

"His maze was nothing but girls." He said then looking at Athena. "Just like you,"

"Really?" Minho asked.

"Some guys have all the luck." David replied. Causing Athena to roll her eyes and carry on poking her food.

"Good evening, gentleman. Ladies" Janson announced standing at the front of the cafeteria. "You all know how this works. If you hear your name called, please rise in an orderly fashion, join my colleagues behind me where we will escort you to the eastern wing. You new lives are about to begin."

As he opened the file all eyes were on him.

"Conner

Evelyn

Justin

Peter

Allison

Squiggy

Franklin

Sam

And Abigail."

The group watched as the boy next to Winston rose nervously glancing back at his friends who didn't know what to do. As Janson closed the file the cafeteria was full with groans, "Now, now, don't get discouraged. If I could take more I would. There's always tomorrow to come. Your time will come. Go on eat up." He said as he called out teenagers left the room.

"Where they goin'?" Minho wondered.

"Far from here." David replied. "Lucky bastards."

"Some kind of farm. A safe place." the boy next to him replied.

"sí, apuesto a que lo es. (yeah, bet it is)" Athena mumbled, causing the table to look at her and the newbies to stare at her like she has two heads.

"Well, they can only take in a couple people at a time." the boy continued ignoring Athena's comment.

After an awkward moment of silence Thomas looked up towards the widows in the walls to see Dr. Crawford and Teresa walk by with two other doctor's behind her. "What the hell?"

As he stood up and walked towards her the other stayed seated. "Hey, Teresa ?" he exclaimed, walking to the door and all eyes on him.

As the isolated brunette took his hood down he glanced at Athena sitting next to Newt and then his gaze turned back to Thomas. "Teresa!"