42. Same dick?

Making it out into the busy streets of Denver, the four quickly joined in with the walking crowd, aiming to blend in. As the carried on walking Athena heard the woman on the speaker say 'WCKD is good' causing Athena to quietly scoff and roll her eyes.

"Infection checks" Gally said as the group walked into the building, seeing lines of people. "All you gotta do is sneeze round here, you get kicked out. That's the uh- price for paradise I guess." he said turning a corner.

-------------------------------------

Walking out of the station and onto the streets the group looked at the lit up city, Thomas, Newt and Athena all in awe of a world they have never seen.

"This is a long way from the Glade." Newt said looking up at the sky.

The same female voice from earlier announcing curfew in 15 minutes. "Why does all this give me dictator vibes." Athena said.

"That's what it is at this point." Newt answered. "I think anyway."

"Yeah, we better get off the streets." Gally advised. "And I know it's hard, but act like you've seen it before." he said, causing Athena to try to hide her giggling, "Really?" Gally asked, amused at her abnormal childishness.

"Sorry." she said, letting her giggle out, causing Newt and Gally to chuckle as they walked off.

------------------------------------

As a police car passed, the four quickly ran across the road, and hid behind another building, as another car drove past. All pressing their backs against the store window. "They definitely upped security." Gally informed. "I'm guessing you shanks had something to do with that." he said, mainly glancing at Athena who discreetly pointed at Thomas. Rolling his eyes, "Alright let's get out of here." he said running off again.

------------------------------------

"All right, Newt you're up." Gally said, as him and Thomas ran up and put their backs to one of the outlining walls of the city. Newt joined them and put both his feet into eachs palm and they lifted him up onto a ledge.

"Thea." Thomas said, the girl followed in suit, Newt grabbing her hand and pulling her up since she couldn't reach all the way.

"I forget how short you are sometimes." Newt chuckled, as he pulled her up.

"Shut up." She laughed, as she made it onto the ledge.

"I got it." Thomas said to Gally who was waiting to help him up. And jumped up holding a crook in the wall and grabbed onto the higher on and joined Newt and Athena, Gally doing the same.

---------------------------------

The four quietly and steadily made their way up the wall through steps and ran across a ledge and up some more stairs, making their way to a safe balcony. "There it is." Gally said as Thomas walked up the remaining stairs. "If WCKD's got Minho that's where they'll be keeping him." he said pointing to the largest building in the city.

"Lawrence has been trying to find a way in for years." Gally said as he set up a telescope, and moved it around a bit. "Partly for revenge but other reasons too. But the place is crawling with soldiers. They got surveillance everywhere." he continued, "Scann--"

"Scanners on every floor." Athena interrupted him. "Yeah, I remember now." she said mournfully.

"Sounds like a bloody fortress." Newt commented, not wanting Athena to get upset. As he contracted and un-contracted his fist holding his wrist.

"Yeah, I thought you said you had a way in." Thomas said.

"I might." Gally said.

"Oh I know where this is going." Athena mumbled to Newt as she was in the far right corner.