40. Fugitives

As the car came to a stop, dust blowing through the wind, the group climbed out of the car looking ahead. Seeing at first, a rundown abandoned city burnt to the ground, but further on a majestic clean, city surrounded by tall walls.

"Funny..." Newt started spent three years trapped behind these walls, trying to break out, and now we wanna break back in." he finished.

"Yeah. it's hilarious." Fry added.

"Jorge, how are we gonna get in?" Thomas asked.

"Don't look at me, Hermano." he said, taking his gloves off, "Those walls are new. But Finn did say last time he was here they were doing construction. I guess that's Wicked's answer for everything."

"Where is Finn?" Newt asked.

"Handling stuff back at base." Jorge answered giving Athena a look.

"Well, we ain't going to figure it out from up here." Brenda said walking back to the car. "Let's go."

As everyone else got into the car newt saw Thomas walking forwards slightly, "You really think he's in there?" Newt asked, standing beside Thomas.

"I guess we'll find out." Thomas answered, still looking at the city.

"You know she's gonna be there too."

Without getting a reply the two turned to walk back to the car, Newt quickle crouched down and picked something up, as they were all in the car again, Newt looked at Athena and handed her a single white flower. "What's this for?" she asked with a smile on her face.

"No reason, just felt like it." Newt replied as he put his arm along the back of her seat, and she leaned against his chest, the daisy in hand. A small tear going down her cheek going unnoticed by the group.

------------------------------------------

The long drive finally coming to an end, the group were now in the outer city, walking along with the unknown people. With Thomas leading the way, Athena was behind Newt and in front of Jorge, knife hidden up her sleeve, and backpack on her shoulders.

"This place has really gone through hell." Jorge said jogging past Athena and Newt now next to Thomas.

"We just gotta stay together." Thomas said.

"We are the voice of the voiceless." A person spoke through a megaphone behind them. "They hide behind their walls, thinking they can keep the cure for themselves, While they watch us wither and rot!" The owner of that voice was in a car along with other men, their faces covered, driving through the crowd making the group move to the side.

As the cars drove past a few men glanced at the group, some of them specifically Athena.

A little light going off the back of Thomas' and Athena's necks, he looked up to see three drones above the group.

------------------------------------

In the control room as two beeps went off on the computer next to the man, he turned to look. "Get Janson," he said to the other man. On the screen two faces appeared one being Thomas the writing above saying level 5 fugitive and Athena's say level 10 fugitive.

-------------------------------------

Play - Hit the Road Jack by 2WEI, Jon, Bri Bryant

Following the crowd the protesters walked towards the wall all shouting their rights. "That's it. That's our way in." Thomas said.