18. Safety Precautions

"Thomas!" A scream awoke Thomas from his long needed rest. His eyes shot open to see a rushed face of Minho screaming at the boy to get up. "Wake up! Come on! We gotta go!"

As the boy jumped out of the freshly landed chopper, Thomas followed him, being escorted. A saddened thought spread across his face, "Wait! Wait! Wait!" the boy exclaimed quickly going back into the chopper and reaching into his seat and grabbing the bloodied statue made from the young boy.

"Get out of here!" a guy shouted, pulling the teen out of the helicopter and towards the lit up building. Hearing almost inhuman screams from the other side of the chopper the guy who grabbed Thomas shouted once again, "Cranks! We got Cranks!" walking the other side away from the teen, and firing his gun at human like figures in the sand.

Another man grabbed Thomas and ran towards the building to join the rest. As they ran in through the closing steel doors and away from the chaos the doors closed and silence took over. Taking in all their surroundings the group was met with hundreds and hundreds of supplies and shipments and people running round, going on about with normal life. Something none of the Gladers have had.

--------------------

Que title screen 

play - I Don't Wanna Live Forever by ZAYN, Taylor Swift 

--------------------

The group were shoveled into a dark room by two men, "Hey, what's going on out there?" Thomas asked. The two men looked at the group not answering, and closed the grey steel wall in their face. "Hey!" Thomas shouted, running up and banging on the door in the pitch black room.

Lights flickered on from behind them, the group slowly turned to see a table full of food. Real food. As they all stared in awe looking at it Frypan suddenly spoke up "Dibs on the rice!" and the group ran forwards to the table gathering all the food they could.

Sat down around the table like a family on thanksgiving the group ate as much as they could all enjoying the atmosphere and healthy food. "This is much better than Fry's slop." Winston said biting into a chicken leg.

All laughing "You're right" Frypan agreed, shoveling rice into his mouth. After a while the group became full from food and sat around the room holding their stomachs. "I don't know who these guys are, but they can cook."

"Who are they really tho?" Teresa asked. "I mean we don't know anything about them."

"Well for what we know they are not friends of WCKD." Newt replied. Sat next to a lying Minho on the table Athena looked towards Newt not agreeing with him but not exactly disagreeing, but kept her mouth shut.

"That's good enough for me" the boy next to her on the table sat up with her. "You guys think to much"

"Can't exactly blame us," Athena replied.

"We're free," Minho continued. "Enjoy it." the group all looked at each other all thinking about his words.

Before any of them could say anything a loud turn of a door caught their attention. All standing up walked towards the door to see a black haired man wearing a turtleneck and leather jacket and black jeans. "You kids doing alright? Sorry about all the fuss. We had ourselves a bit of a swarm."

"Who are you?" Thomas asked.

"I'm the reason you're all still alive." he replied looking at each one of them. "It's my intention to keep you that way. Now come with me. We'll get you kids squared away." he said starting to walk off.

Grabbing her backpack she and the group went and followed the unknown man. Speed walking down the corridor the man started talking again "You can call me Mr Janson. I run this place." he started. "For us it is a sanctuary, safe from the horrors of the outside world. You should all think of it as a way station." he continued as they turned a corner. "A home between homes. Watch yourselves" pointing up at sparks falling from a drill above them.