Seeing Through Rose Coloured Glasses

You wake up with a mouth full of red hair. You roll onto your back and slowly sit up. The sun was shining, and you felt well-rested. You look down to the sleeping form of your late-night companion. Nat was angelic when she slept, back in the red room, you often told her it was a talent. You begin to softly curl a strand, of her bright red hair around your finger, it was soft to your feather-light touch. Nat began to toss and turn in her sleep, life was slowly creeping into her sharp features. With one final roll, Nat opens her pretty green eyes and smiles brightly at you.  She sits up and leans her head up against your shoulder. Warmth instantly began to flood your body. Having her this close brings both happy and sad memories back to you. 

You both stare out the window of your room, watching the city wake up around you if only this could last. You and Nat both know this isn't going to last. Sooner or later destiny will tear you both apart, it's how your relationship will always end. Right now you were both staring through rose coloured glasses, nothing lasts forever. But you are willing to bet that both of you will ride this out as long as possible. Neither of your lives has been easy, you just want to enjoy what time you have together.  Nat slowly throws her legs over the edge of the bed and gets up. She turns to you smiles and without a single word, walks out of your room.  Leaving you with a thousand memories swimming around your head. Maybe this will last, maybe it won't, but right now your whole life is in her hands. 

Authors Note ....... 

Hey, sorry for the wait, life's been hectic. Time isn't my friend at the moment, I hope you like it. This chapter was rushed, and it's definitely not my best work. 

NR2045