Waking Up With A New Life

You awake to an unfamiliar room with sunlight pouring in through the massive window. Coming from the room next door you can faintly hear the sound of a shower running and soft almost inaudible singing. As you sit up memories begin to cloud your head and then you suddenly remember where you are and why you're here. Getting up you get a set of gym gear and a towel and patiently wait for Natalie to get out of the bathroom. 

Sitting in your room you decide to look around it a little more and make sure the room hast been bugged, something you should have done sooner. Getting up you check the most obvious places like the lamp shade and under the dressing table. Then you move to the less obvious places like the fans and picture frames and behind or in the alarm clock. To your relief all of those places were clear. It's as if they new you hated being spied on, even if that's what you did for a living. 

Ever since you were a little girl you hated not having privacy. It was something the red room would never allow you to have. As you got older you began to become restless with the constant eyes following you, but you knew well enough not to argue, even if it grated on you nerves constantly. The punishment was worse than the brutal no nonsense training they put you through. 

Waking up today knowing you weren't going to be hurt or even dragged out of bed made you feel safe even though you knew something could go wrong and you could end up dead or even worse taken back to the red room. Having Nat with you 24/7 was also a comforting thought, being friends and partners with one of the best spy and assassin in the world gave you a little hope that maybe, just maybe you will be ok. 

The soft sining and the water from the shower stopped and you stood up ready to make your way to the bathroom. As you open the door Natalie just came out of the bathroom and was about to go into her own room. She gave you a nod of greeting and quickly ducked across the hallway into her own room. Before she could close the door you got a decent glance of one of her many scars but this on meant something to the both of you ,it was the scar she got when she fought you. You have a similar one on your shoulder, which happened to come from the same fight. It was the first fight you lost, it would be pretty hard to forget considering you got punished like nothing you've ever experienced before. 

You got into the bathroom and closed the door making sure to lock it behind you. Even though you were safe you still felt the need to be careful, your spy instincts kicking in automatically. You turn on the water and wait for it to get to the right temperature before you got in. As you were waiting your mind wondered from your shower to the scars that litter your body. Each one telling a different horrific story. Some were ugly and never going to fade and others were small and hardly visible, but they always reminded you of something you wanted to forget. 

Finally the steam from the shower brought you back to reality and you got in letting the water relax you. Standing with your head hanging down staring at the tiles that made up a small triangle pattern, you couldn't help but think maybe life was going to be ok. You also felt something else but you couldn't quite place the emotion. It was like something you've never felt before and it all leads back to Natalie, how odd. 

Authors Note.....

I'm sorry I haven't been updating between school and personal issues I haven't had much time. If you have any questions about this chapter feel free to comment down below and send me ideas for the next part of the story.