Training With The Best

You were in the kitchen when Nat got the phone call that you had been dreading. The phone call of " we need you to start re-training her ". It wasn't like you were scared or anything like that but, you didn't like the idea of people judging you. You knew that at some stage you would have to start re-training and that other people would see you, but it still felt like a wall crashing down on you. 

Nat hung up the phone and stared at you with a look as if to say, 'yes it's time to get changed and train'. You look down and try to swallow the fear that bubbles up in your throat, you get up and walk to your room and close the door behind you. Once safely in the confines of your room, you let out a breath that was almost going to suffocate you. Sliding down the door you put your head in your hands and take deep shallow breaths in an attempt to clam your racing heartbeat. 

Looking up at the clock you know you only have a couple of minutes before Nat comes in your room and practically forces your ass into gym gear, so you get up and scramble to the wardrobe and put on the shield gym gear you got sent. which consists of black shorts with the shield logo and a matching grey tank top. Once fully dressed you go back to the kitchen and find Nat and Agent Barton talking quietly in a language you don't recognize, they look up at you and their voices instantly die which means they were talking about you. Not like that bothered you at all.

Agent Barton steps towards you and says, " Hey agent L/N, good to see you again". You nod and look at Nat for a please explain. Nat steps forward and says to your amazement says," Y/N this is the other half, well now third of Strike Team Delta Clint Barton". You look at her and almost cringe at the facial expressions you're bound to be showing. It was like a hail storm of realisation comes raining down on you all at once. The jigsaw puzzle you were trying to put together was solved within a matter of seconds.  Even though Nat had told you they were partners, you knew something wasn't being said and now you knew what that was. 

Authors  Note .........

Hey, sorry for not updating this book for ages. life's been hectic and I'm sorry for letting you guys down. 

NR2045