Late Night Training

"you were lying on the ground covered in blood, the cold night air whipping against your open wound like a dozen knives slicing you open.".  You jolt upright and stare into the cold and empty room before you. Breathing deeply you try and calm your shaken mind and nerves. the last time you had a dream like that was when Natalie had first left you. Throwing the covers off of your sweaty body, you begin to pace the small dark room. You felt trapped, you needed an escape. 

Making a hasty two-step walk to your closet you grab a pair of leggings and throw on a sports bra and run out of your room. Your brain was on autopilot, you could feel your muscles come to life and your legs were carrying on a journey that was bound to be painful.  You push open the thick metal doors to the training room and make a b-line to the punching bags. you wrap your hands and begin to throw impulsive strikes at the punching bag like a bloodthirsty animal. Sweat began to pour down your face and the hair on the back of your neck clung to like glue.  the wait of your mind was killing you, this is what you needed. You needed to feel the pain, to bring you back to reality. 

With each punch, your body released mini bubbles of stress and anger. The hand wraps you put on were soaked with blood and sweat, but you didn't plan on stopping anytime soon. Throwing an angry right hook at the bag, a cold hand wraps itself around your shoulder and holds you in place. You whip around ready to attack, but you're already engulfed in a tight hug. The smell of strawberries and mint invade your senses and you immediately know who it is. Natalie. 

Authors Note ... 

Sorry for not updating in a while, but here's the new chapter. Enjoy. 

NR2045