Chapter 15: Love

George POV

He doesn't want to recall it? Is it that bad..? Maybe I shouldn't have asked.. Maybe I should've just waited for him to tell me.

"I'm sorry, okay?! If you don't want to tell me then it's fine..", I looked away.

"I'll tell you."

"Really? I didn't mean to force you.. Sabrina just-"

"Oh, so she's the reason why you're asking me this?", Clay frowned.

He sighed and sat comfortably.

"When my mom adopted me, of course I went to school but– oh my God.."

"You don't have to‐"

"It's fine, George. It was bad, I don't even recognize who I was before. I was going to bars almost everynight, hooking up with different girls, drinking.."

"Making out here and and there with random women at the bar.. God, I hate it. Then I met Sabrina, she was the first girl that I didn't just like for the way she looks."

"Oh.."

"She used to be so kind, nice, just perfect. The best girl anyone could ever ask for."

"Wow."

Is this what Sabrina is trying to do? Does she want Clay to tell their story so I'll get all jealous and pissed off? Well it's working.

"She changed me.. I went from this mess, to apparently the most perfect guy ever. I quit drinking everynight, seeing other girls just cause she said so. My mom really really liked her.."

What a simp..

"I did change but she lost herself.", Clay sighs. "She's the one constantly drinking, and doing the mess I did before. I helped her in any way I can, but she just wont stop. I left her cause I don't even recognize her."

This actually hurts. I know it was in the past but Clay talking about Sabrina in that sweet gentle voice kills me. He really loved her..

"Then you came back..", I looked down.

"How?"

"She told me.."

"What?! You've been talking?", Clay shakes his head.

"She just.. went and told all of this to me earlier when you were getting food at the cafeteria.", Clay groans.

"Yeah, I did come back cause I couldn't stand a day, a week without her. So I stayed even though she was a mess. But she cheated which made me leave again."

"Akari's brother?"

"Yeah.. Akio."

"Oh, wow..", I sighed. "If she goes back to being herself, will you come back?"

"What kind of question is that?! Of course I won't.. I have you, you're worth more than her. You're better than her, and I'm not saying that just cause I hate her and– i love you.. I'm saying that because it's true."

Well, that was sweet. I never felt so important to someone in 19 years of being alive. Clay hugged me and kissed my forehead. The sweet gesture, made me fall even harder for him.. How can he find me so special? I'm just, me..

"You haven't been in a relationship, ever in your whole life?", Clay asks.

"No.. Never. This is a first, and I can't believe that it's with you."

"Do you want this to be your last?"

"Of course I do."

"God, George. I love you so much, no one and not even Sabrina have made me feel like this..", he puts his hand on my thigh as he stares at me.