Thirteen

"Kiss me"

"Do you even think about anything other than that?" Meera smiles. My head is lying in her lap. She is running her hand through my lovely hair. What? Meera only praised my hair! I get compliments too. Anyway, her long fingers are caressing my scalp.

Visiting Meera's home everyday has incorporated into my daily schedule. Pranab likes coming here too. He tells me he meets his nephew and niece and they fill colours in his life like Meera pours in mine.

"Nope, kiss me and close your eyes, miss me. I can read your lips on my fingertips and happiness in your eyes. Oh-o-wo, kiss me," I sing and she slaps my head, "Ow! What?"

"You know what, young man"

"Kissing is fun and detoxifying-"

"Detoxifying my fo-," Meera mumbles and her phone rings, breaking our conversation. She picks the phone and turns grim upon finding who is calling. Strange.

"It's my brother," she murmurs, her voice barely audible.

"Well, pick it then," I answer.

"Hello?" She asks, as if confirming if the right person is calling. Strange (again, yes, I want to be an Architect, not a writer. My vocabulary is limited).

"OK," she mumbles. If she could turn more glum, she just did. I think this is the saddest I've ever seen her. What happened? I voice my thoughts without realizing.

"He's coming home in 2 weeks," she answers. I notice her eyes are teary.

"Why are you sad then?"

"Akshay-," we get disturbed by another phone call. This time it's my phone.

"Wait a minute, Maa is calling," I shush her.

"Yes Maa?"

"Come to home. Ria's parents and her are coming over and we are planning to spend the night out."

"OK Maa, I'm coming right away," I obey.

"Meera I have to run, " I say, cutting the call.

"OK," she answers meekly.

X-X-X

"When are you going to tell me her name?" Ria asks. We are back at my home, gazing at stars.

"Hmm?" Ria pulls me out of my trance.

"The girl behind your goofy smile, what's her name?" she prompts.

"Meera," I say, enjoying the feel of her name on my lips.

"And you were texting her all night?" she amuses.

"What? No, no that was Taran," I answer earnestly.

"Ugh, that loser, is Chelsey still after him?" Ria and Taran had a fling too. I can't even count how many flings they both have had in their respective lives.

"Yeah, poor Chelsey, " I say, defeated.

"Why?"

"He has a thing for our Maths teacher"

"Ew, Mrs. Chopra?" Ria word vomits. She's studied from our school only.

"Apparently, it's Miss Chopra"

"I knew that old crow was unmarried"

"You just called her Mrs," I laugh.

"I mean, I know no one can handle that old and gray beauty"

"Maybe Taran can"

"Ugh, sure," she answers, rolling her eyes.

"Anyway, what's Meera like?" Ria brings up my favorite topic again.

"She-" I sigh.

"She-?" Ria prompts.

"She's magical," I muse.

"Take care Captain you're going down love's lane," she smirks.

"What? No-," my phone buzzes, "Wait one second," I instruct.

Meera : Can you pick me up tomorrow?

Me : Sure.

I pocket my phone, smiling.

"I'm not in love with her. Just another fling," I say.

"I know you too well. Your love is all over the place," she deadpans.

"Maybe, who knows," I mumble and close my eyes. I hear Ria leaving but don't care to say farewells. I'm in a trance, OK, that too a magical one. The stars have this effect on me. Just kidding, Meera has this effect on me.

"Bye, A," she yells from the door that leads to stairs. I wave in response.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya guys, so sorry for uploading so late. Will update sooner than this from now on.

Hope you are enjoying the story.

Don't be a silent reader.

Leave your thoughts in comment section.

Share with your family and friends.

Happy reading.