Three

A : Yo! Meera?

M : Who?
What's with one word answers?

Alright, background story, it's been two days since I tried to sit and talk with Meera and she so blatantly rejected me. My bruised ego healed way too quickly to my utter surprise.

It's not that I haven't had girls in past. I have. I've done all sorts of things. Don't judge. She just piques my interest. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to f..., umm, bed her. I just want to get to know her. And kiss her. Not that. NO! Control Romantic A!

A : I'm standing outside your door.

I decide to rouse her a bit, given the little devil that I am. Also, if I tell her right away she won't answer me.

After exact one minute, her text arrives. Not that I was noting time.

M : Nobody's there.
Did she actually check? I chuckle.

A : I've been watching you past few days.

Five minutes pass.

A : And it'd be putting it lightly if I say I enjoy the view.

Two minutes pass. I guess she's figured out who I am.

M : You're Akshay Kapoor, aren't you?
Bam!

A : You know me too well.

M : How did you get my number?

A : I may or may not have broken into school records room during lunch, yesterday.

M : Incredulous!

A : More like incredible. B)

Ten minutes pass and no reply.

A : Meeeeeera? :O

M : What part of "no" don't you get?

A : NONE! :D

And, she blocked me. Sweet.

—————

Next day in school's canteen, I'm sitting with Chelsey and Taran... and Priyanka. Taran is flirting with Priyanka beside me and Chelsey is glaring at him. I don't know how Taran can not see Chelsey's feelings, they're all over the place.

Oh! Enter Taran Singh. He's of average height but have builder's built. Since he spends his time doing "strenuous exercises". In gym, and outside. That aside, he keeps his hair in crew cut and his shirt is never tucked in. He lacks in the clothing department, and thus, is a constant target of Mrs.-Wear-It-Properly Chopra.

This guy is another constant in my life besides Chelsey. We've gotten our diapers changed together, taken long baths in tubs together and pulled pranks on momma's boy Anuj together. We don't know the difference between friends and brothers because it's us that define both.

I'm stealing glances at Meera who's sitting in the corner of canteen, alone. She's staring out the window. I never noticed how long her hair is. The soft curls reach her lower back. Her hair is pushed back from her face by a headband and she's wearing her usual, old, tattered uniform.

'What's her deal?' I mutter to no one in particular.

Everyone on the table, look at me and then at Meera who's oblivious of four pairs of eyes on her and is now engrossed in work. She's writing. Must be homework.

'She's a freak!' Priyanka says in a "duh" tone. I fake smile at her in response. This girl is crazy and supercilious and not to mention a complete idiot. I don't know what Taran sees in her. Oh wait, I know. Boobs!