Fifteen

When I open my eyes, Meera is lying on my lap. Talk about the proximity of your girlfriend and your morning wood. I check the time, it's 09:30 in the morning. I place Meera properly on the lower bunk and head to the bathroom.

Aah! All dumplings out, now I am ready for new food. So  gross A, so gross.

When I step in the bunk I notice we've stopped at a station. The station is pretty old but impeccable. Hmm, Meera can learn a thing or two from this station.

"Bro, where were you?" Taran asks.

" 'was taking a dump," I answer, ignoring the look of pure disgust on his lady friend's face. Boys talk about dumps and dumplings. It's relaxing.

"Try the food here!" Taran exclaims, "Especially dal baati churma, it is tummy-licious," Tummy-licious,  a word we invented when we were fourteen. We were eating golgappas. It was my 23rd one and it was delicious. We were having them from a street vendor. Those were the most tummy-licious golgappas we ever had, me, Taran and Chelsey.

"Yeah, I'll go get Meera and Chelsey and get them for us," I reply.

"Sure."

"Thanks, bud."

---------------

When I open my eyes again, it is 05:15 a.m. The train is at a train station. And you cannot make out if it is morning or evening. The station is jam packed.

"We've arrived at our destination, " Meera's meek voice comes.

"Students, time to get off. I will call your names and roll numbers and you are to step off the train," Mrs. Chopra says.

As I get off the train, I witness the most beautiful dusk ever. We move in tiny groups, 10 to 15 students in one. The teachers take us to the hotel in a few minivans.

"All boys will stay in A wing and girls in B of the hotel. The faculty is in the C wing. NO INTER-CHANGING OF ROOMS IS ALLOWED. Got my point Mr. Kapoor?"

"Yes, ma'am, " I drawl.

"Mr. Taran?"

"Yes ma'am, " Taran answers.

"Settle down all of you," Ms. Chopra finishes.

"Chel-," I start once the teachers leave.

"Going, don't worry," she smirks.

Yes!