Eight

'You're going to snap the pencil, A,' Chelsey murmurs.

I am looking at Meera who's laughing at some dirty joke Taran cracked. How do you know it's dirty? I'm assuming, ok?

'When did they get so close to each other?' I grit out. I'm seeing this from two days. Two bloody days! They're as close as two humans can be.

'Relax A, Taran would never do that to you,' Chelsey assures.

'Do what?' I ask, puzzled.

'Steal your love I mean,' she mocks. What?

'We are not lovers,' I deadpan.

'Nobody sees it that way, A,' Chelsey sighs.

I need some fresh air and my fresh is on 5th floor, the little corner where I can smoke. Judge me all you want.

I get up abruptly, drawing their attention towards me. Meera's green eyes meet mind. The golden spikes in them gripping me my heart. I cut the connection and look away, thrusting my hands in my pockets I walk away.

'A!' it's Chelsey. I don't bother replying and head out, to my fresh air.

I'm looking outside the window when I heard her voice, 'How many of those have you had?'

I roll my eyes and take another puff, not even bothering with an answer.

'Akshay-'

'My name is A' I growl, finally making with the eyes that take me home. Shut up Romantic A, I'm supposed to be angry. Concentrate!

'Why are you so mad at me?' She puts her hands on her tiny hips and demands.

I roll my eyes and keep smoking.

'Are you jealous?' she asks as if she can't believe it.

'No,' I respond, too quickly if I may add.

'Akshay he's your best friend-'

'And you were all over him!' I shout at her, she trembles almost.

'What?' she snorts, 'we were just taking.'

'Uh-huh,' I reply, nonchalantly.

'God!' She mutters before putting a hand on my neck and bringing our lips together. I answer almost immediately,ripping her off any air to breathe, my cigarette long forgotten. I pull her close to me with a hand on her back and lightly tug at her complicated braid to create the perfect angle. Woah! This is how it feels to kiss her?

'Seriously, stop smoking, you don't taste good-'

'Shut it,' I mutter and bring our lips together again. I can feel her smiling against my lips.

'Let's go back to class,' she whispers, lips lost touching mine. I groan in response and she chuckles.

'Does this mean you're my girlfriend now?' I smirk t her while heading to the class.

'I don't know,' she answers hesitantly. Why?

I was about to speak up, to question her, when Mrs. Chopra's annoying voice booms throughout the corridor, 'Mr. Kapoor! Where were you in last class?' Dammit! I missed her class.

'I umm-'

'And you Meera,' she spits her name like its venom, 'how many more times are you planning oh failing your last year? Two isn't enough?'

What? I snap my head towards Meera to find her looking at the floor. Why isn't she saying anything?

'I think it's fine as long as you are sorry and promise not to it again,' Mrs. Chopra barks at us.

'Sorry,' we mutter in unison.

'Off you go,' she dismisses us with a flick of her wrist.

'Meera-,' I start when we're out of eat shot.

'Don't,' is all she says, her voice breaking.

The day goes on in a blur. Meera ignored me the whole day. She made small talk, necessary talk, to not seem rude. I can't figure out how to approach her about this. I don't know what's going on in her head.

She's heading towards the main entrance when I call her, 'yes?' she's still not making eye contact.

'May I drop you? It's chilly today,' I offer, anything to sort things out with her. I don't have my phone as Maa took it from me. I want to talk things over before the day ends.

She seems to be contemplating my offer, 'OK,' she gives in.

We pull out from the parking lot and it is very, very, very, silent. It is almost awkward. Meera is sitting at the far end of the seat, looking outside. I know she can feel the uncomfortable environment as I find her playing with her fingers.

'Meera, you should talk to your brother to speak to Mrs. Chopra she can't go about talking crap regarding you,' I try.

'It's true Akshay,' she looks me in the eyes, almost pleading, for what though, I have no idea.

'Still! Bring your brother and ask him to speak with her.' How dare that ugly crone talk to my Meera like that? My? Dammit!

'He's away. He won't be coming for three months,' she whispers, looking away.

'Do you want my mo- Maa to talk to her?' I offer. Her head snaps in my direction.

'Why would you do that?' she asks, brows furrowing.

'I don't know, I just didn't like the way she spoke to you and I don't anyone talk to or about you like that,' I confess. She's a freak Priyanka's voice rings in my head, or was it Sheela? Hmm-

'It's OK. Doesn't matter,' she speaks softly.

'As hell it does!', I yell. She flinches, 'I mean it's wrong,' I compose myself.

'We've all been wronged in many ways, Akshay. Some wrongdoing seem worse than others but their intensity is the same. But sometimes it's best to ignore them and move on. Sometimes you can't do anything about them,' she whispers, averting her gaze. Is there a deeper meaning to this or is it the deepest depth. Where's Chelsey when I need her?!?!

She opens the door to get out and waves a bye at me. I cannot seem to understand this girl.

Wait a minute, 'Meera!' I call her, getting out of the car. She turns to listen to me.

'You're saying you're home alone?' I ask, suppressing my excitement.

'Come on in,' she answers.

Yes! Yes man, yes!

————————————————————

Sorry for the late update.

Don't be a silent reader. Leave down your comments.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
If you did, please give it a vote and share amongst your friends.