Seven

'7 is the answer,' I say triumphantly.

'No, it's 16,' Chelsey challenges.

'7,'I glare at her.

'16.'

'Se-ven.'

'Six-teen.'

'Mind if I join you guys?' a timid voice says. I look for the source, it's Meera. My jaw is on the floor. Meera has braided her hair today. I complicated braid if I may add. A few strands dance upon her face, she looks stunning. But my jaw is having picnic with the germs on cafeteria's floor because she just asked us to let her sit with us for lunch. Progress A, progress.

'Surrrre,' it's Chelsey, mocking at my dumbstruck state. I glare at her in response.

' Heyyyyy Meera,' Taran drawls, finally slipping out of whatever trance he was in with Sheela. Yup, it's Sheela today.

'Hello,' Meera greets awkwardly. I slip to the left to give her seat to sit beside me and she does. She's so graceful you can't even feel her moving around, she's that delicate.

'I'd call you an ethereal beauty but your height gets in the way,' I murmur in her ear, my lips almost touching her earlobe. The hair on her neck comes to life. I can see the effect I have on her.

She looks at me and smirks, 'Scared you look short around me?' I laugh lightly.

'Maybe,' I nod in response.

'Meera, you have A wrapped around your finger. He's whipped,' Taran says, 'all he talks about is romantic crap now.' Gosh! Why is he so loud?

'Umm, me and A, umm, we're just friends. There's nothing more,' Meera whispers shyly. I beg your pardon?

That hurt. Not just hurt. I'm furious. How could she say that? I mean we've something more than friendship going on.

I watch her conversing with my fiends, laughing timidly at times. The bell rings just on time. I hold Meera's wrist and she looks at me. Her beautiful eyes engulfing me, gripping me by the head and pushing it down in the sea water. It's stinging but so refreshing. Just friends.

'Guys you go on ahead we'll join you in a bit,' I subtly tell my friends to get the hell out and leave us alone. It's rude, I know, but I need to clear some things with Meera.

'Why did you say we're just friends?, I question as calmly as I could. Cafeteria is almost empty now.

'What? We are friends, aren't we?' she looks puzzled, almost hurt.

'You let your friends kiss you?' I seethe. You could see white smoke coming out of my nostrils had we been in some cartoon.

'What?' plain splashes her eyes.

'You heard me.'

'Let me go, Akshay,' she demands in a broken voice. I lighten my grip on her arm, 'please,' she pleads.

'We need to clear things,' I respond, gritting my teeth.

'We'll end up missing the class this way,' she tries to get up. I pull her towards me and tug her braid gently to keep our eyes locked.

'Answer me.'

'It's not like you asked me out,' she snaps.

'We're not kids, Meera!' I shout at her.

'We're not adults either, now let me go,' Meera replies.

'Kay, I'm asking now, be my girlfriend.'

'You're demanding it.'

'Be my girlfriend,' I growl, pulling her braid and bringing my face close to hers, our noses almost touching.

'Or what? You'll hit me?' she murmurs, a tear slips down her right cheek.

'God! Meera, why'd I do that?' I ask letting her go. She's crying now. Damn it!

'Meera I'm not a monster, I-,' I start.

'Then stop acting like one,' she yells at me and gets up to leave. I don't try to stop her now. I can't. Not when she feels that way about me.

She picks her bag from the floor. She's gonna' head out any minute now. I run my thumb and forefinger along my brows, eyes closed. I know I messed up.

'Do you wanna' go to class together?' she offers, sniffing.

'You want me to?' I ask, completely startled.

'Of course,' she smiles a little.

'Kay then,' I grin at her and we head to the class together.

————————————————————

Sorry for the late update.

Please give the chapter a start if you liked it.

Share it with your friends.

Don't be a silent reader, leave down your comments.