Chapter 23

Diane's POV

Diane's POV

Three bottles of cheap wine later and my soul was soaring. I don't know who the guy that invented alcohol is, but he deserves an award. Perhaps he already has one. Wait, do they give Nobel prizes for alcohol?

"Who knew dancing in your pajamas would be so cool!" Quinn shouted, all hyped up, trying to overpower the music blasting from the speakers in her living room.

"Maybe we should sit down for a minute," I suggested, plopping down on a bean bag chair. Quinn danced her way to the giant speaker and turned the volume down. "I'm all sweaty. God, I haven't worked out in so long. Might as well stop given I'm never having sex again."

"Don't stay that!" Quinn smacked me on the head as she threw herself on the other bean bag chair. "You are most definitely having sex again."

"But I don't wanna," I whined, hugging the wine bottle. "The only person I wanna have sex with is Jimin and he doesn't love me."

She hiccupped, giving me a cross-eyed look.

Oh, shit. Drunk Quinn is overly-confident-fearless-badass Quinn and that girl is cray-cray. She gets into bar fights and creates all sorts of mayhem. One time she stole a cow from a farm, claiming 'it belongs to the wild'.

I'd just managed to steer her mind away from calling Jimin by making her dance and now that I mentioned him again I don't know what she's gonna do.

Before I could do anything, she reached for my pocket again and took my phone.

"Hey! How are you doing that!" I protested angrily.

"Shhhhhhhhhh!" she shushed me, waving her finger at me. "I am doing a text."

"What?!" I screeched, spilling my whole drink on my shirt but I was too stressed out to notice. I jumped at her, wrestling her for my phone. "Gimme back my phone!"

"Di!" Quinn yelled in between giggles as she rolled over and laid on her stomach. "I'm gonna have to ask you to stop humping me, cause to be honest, it's kind of turning me on right now."

I pushed myself up and fixed my hair that was all in my face.

"Quinn, please give me back my phone. Now."

"Relax," she smiled sheepishly as she sat up straight. "I'm not gonna actually text him. I'm just gonna type down everything you wanna say to him and then delete it. Kind of like a liberating experience, you know?"

"Hm." I glared at her skeptically.

"Okay," she crossed her legs in front of her. "So, if you could what would you say to him?"

I pursed my lips and clutched at the empty wine glass in my hand. Alcohol was circulating through my system, making me more daring than ever. Also, more stupid, but more on that later.