Chapter 12

Slinging my purse over my shoulder, I took hesitant strides towards Rain's office

Slinging my purse over my shoulder, I took hesitant strides towards Rain's office. Not only had he seen me post-meltdown being dragged out by none other than Park Jimin himself the previous day, I had also failed to perform my work duties he had written me a very big fat check for. While I knew Rain would be understanding of my low emotional state – he saw it with his own eyes how bad I looked – I was pretty sure he would have a lot of questions for me, questions I would have no idea how to answer.

Overcome with nerves and determined to apologize my ass off, because let's be honest – I desperately needed the cash, I grabbed the handle on the door and barged into the room like a bull in a china shop.

Only to let out the loudest gasp of surprise, "Jesus Christ!"

My hand flew up to my face as I frantically tried to cover my eyes, incapable to recover from the sight of my boss on top of some girl he flung to the side, very roughly if I may add, as soon as he noticed me.

"Goddammit Di, have you ever heard of knocking?!" I heard Rain's angry voice which prompted me to peek through my fingers only to see him scrambling to put his shirt back on.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized again, squeezing my eyes shut.

"What do I need to do, put a sock on the door handle?!" Rain snarled with frustration, buckling his belt.

"You may have to, if you're ever planning on getting it on at work again!" I shot back a snarky comment even though I was desperately trying to stifle my laughter. "Can I look already?"

Without waiting for a confirmation, I removed my hands from my eyes, rubbing them slightly. My vision was a fuzzy blur but even so, I caught a glimpse of the mysterious girl my dashing boss had bent over. She was a brunette, but I couldn't really see her face in all the commotion. Before I could take a better look, Rain opened the bathroom door and shoved her inside, triggering a soft squeak from the poor girl.

"Nice little office sex kitten." I praised, outstretching my arm for a fist bump Rain seemed disgusted to engage in.

"I – uh – can I help you, Di?" he looked away, trying to recover the situation, which I rolled my eyes at.

My look of intrigue crumbled when I realized he wasn't going to join me in my fraternity bro talk. However, the situation was too pleasant for me to drop it so soon.

"You are a very naughty man, Rain. Who is she? How long has this been going on for? I want all the juicy details."

He stared at me blankly before taking a seat behind his desk.

"Diane..." there was warning in the way he spoke my full name, which told me he wasn't really in the mood for talking.

"Come on, give me something!"

"How about you give me something about the fact that you disappeared in your wrinkled princess gown with a very handsome and wealthy man yesterday?" he shot back.