i: ariana's life gets weirder

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

chapter i

ariana's life gets weirder

╚═══════════════╝

 ARIANA BLACK WAS LYING ON HER BED, STARING AT THE CEILING. It had been four years since she had arrived at camp. Her mother Demeter had claimed her after two weeks, and she one of four people who lived in the cabin – her sisters Katie, Primrose, and her brother Zach.

 Chiron was trying to convince her to enroll in a private school in Scotland. He had said he'd received a letter from the headmaster. Annabeth was going back to Virginia to try and patch things up with her father, so Ariana would be at camp without her best friend. Chiron had set up a meeting with the headmaster. Apparently, it was not a normal school. Ariana didn't know whether to be excited or hurt.

 The clock beside her read twelve, and she was supposed to meet with the headmaster at quarter past. She groaned and got to her feet. She ran out the door of her cabin but was accosted by Silena Beauregard.

 "Ari, don't you have the school meeting now?" she asked.

 Ariana nodded. "Yup, why?"

 Silena raised an eyebrow. "Have you looked in a mirror? Or even at your clothes?" She asked.

 Ariana looked down. Her orange camp shirt was filthy and covered in dirt from working in the strawberry fields. Her denim shorts were ripped, and she could only imagine what her hair looked like.

 Silena huffed, grabbing Ariana's arm, and pulling her into Aphrodite's cabin. Ariana tried not to wrinkle her nose at the strong smell of designer perfume. Silena pushed her onto a bed and began going through her closet, trying to find something for Ariana to wear. She pulled out a cute flowy dress with little flowers on it, white trainers, and a little gold necklace. She placed them in Ariana's hands, and all but shoved her into the bathroom.

 Ariana quickly pulled on the outfit, knowing that they still had to fix her hair. Looking in the mirror, she could see the dirt and twigs stuck in there. The dress stopped just above her knee, making her look modest, but not a total suck up.

 She stepped out and Silena pulled her to the vanity, and using her child of Aphrodite skills, managed to untangle Ariana's hair. Ariana honestly had no clue how Silena did it. It was like she was magic. Silena pulled half of her hair into a tight bun, and gently combed through the rest of her hair. She applied some lip gloss, mascara, and a smudge of eyeliner. Ariana had to admit she looked pretty good.

 "Silena, where in Athena's name is Ari? She's going to be late!" Annabeth yelled, as she entered the cabin.

 Ariana laughed. "I'm right here Worrywart."