xii: ariana gets a singing sock

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

chapter xii

(prisoner of azkaban)

ariana gets a singing sock

╚═══════════════╝

On Christmas morning, Ariana woke up to heap of parcels appearing at the foot of her bed. She grinned, grabbing a pillow from behind her and throwing it at Hermione's face. The brunette groaned, before spotting the presents at the end of her bed.

"Happy Christmas!"

Ariana threw her covers back and picked up the present on the top. It was wrapped in brown paper and was quite lumpy. She tore pack the wrapping to find a yellow hand-knitted sweater and a box of mince pies. On the top was a handwritten note in scrawly handwriting.

She squinted, trying to make out the letters, but failing. "Hey Mione?" she called. "Would you mind reading this for me? I can't read this handwriting."

Hermione came over at looked at the note. "Hey Ariana. I'm sorry for being such an idiot this term. I got my mum to knit you a sweater and make you some mince pies. From, Ron."

Hermione looked at her with wide eyes. "Ron must be feeling pretty bad if he apologised to you."

Ariana grinned. "Sweet. I'll tell him I forgive him later." She pulled on the yellow sweater and continued to open her presents. She scrawled down a quick list on who got her what, so she could remember to thank them.

Annabeth: American sweets, photos, clothes

Travis: art stuff

Connor: Disney merchandise

Luke: Swiss army knife, first aid kit

Katie: plants, art stuff

Demeter Cabin: more plants

Silena: bath bombs, new shoes

Hermione: chocolate frogs

Ron: sweater and fudge

Harry: magic sweets

Dean: more magic sweets

Cedric: a singing sock (ask him why.)

?: charm bracelet with wolf, deer, dog and some other charm that's broken.

She immediately hid the knife and first aid kit from Hermione, knowing that she would freak out. She put the photos of her and Annabeth on her bedside table, as well as the plants and sweets. She changed into the pair of sweatpants Annabeth had gifted her and put the shoes away into her closet. She walked back out of the bathroom to find Hermione chasing Crookshanks around the room.