i: ariana meets a new kid

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

chapter i

(the lightning theif)

ariana meets a new kid

╚═══════════════╝

 "Aria! Hurry up!"

"I'm coming!"

Ariana tied the laces of her boots, curling the white rope around her fingers. Katie, ever the mom friend, was getting everyone ready for bed and away from the campfire, and Ariana, like always, was running late. Once she was finished tying her shoes, she pulled her jacket over her orange camp half-blood t-shirt and put her ring on her finger. She ran up the steps of the amphitheatre to the others who were standing at them.

There were six of them now, two more of her siblings had arrived during the school year; a ten-year-old girl, Claire, and a fourteen year old boy, Matthew. And of course, Primrose, who had just turned fifteen, Zach, who was 17, and Katie, who was six months older than Ariana, (no, she did not know how).

Zach raised an eyebrow. "So Ariana, finally ready?"

Ariana gave them the finger, but Katie quickly wacked it down before Claire could see it. Katie shot her a glare. Ariana huffed.

"Can we go now?" Claire piped up. "We're never this late heading back."

Zach and Primrose started laughing, while Katie bit her lip trying not to laugh. Ariana rolled her eyes hooking her arm with her older brother's. "Matt, you're my new favourite sibling."

"Oh hell no, you're not dragging me down to your level of lateness." Matthew replied.

Primrose and Zach just laughed harder and Katie joined in. Ariana started the walk down the cabin, muttering about stupid siblings and jokes that weren't funny. Until she realised she had left her blanket down by the fire.

"Hey Katie..."

"Oh my gods Ariana, what did you forget this time?" Katie sighed.

"My blanket... just go up without me, I'll be there in 10."

Katie gave her a look that said you better be. She and the others headed back to the cabin.

Ariana headed back to the amphitheatre but stopped when she felt a tug at her gut coming from Thalia's tree. A tug that only appeared when a new demigod was fighting on the soil close to the camp. She heard a roar of a bull and started sprinting towards the hill, ignoring the wind and rain that started battering her the moment she crossed the boundary line.