iv: ariana has her death predicted

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

chapter iv

(prisoner of azkaban)

ariana has her death predicted

╚═══════════════╝

ARIANA WAS RUNNING. She wasn't sure from what, or where she was headed, all she knew is that she couldn't stop.

Her feet echoed across the tiles of the golden hall, as she sprinted towards freedom. Her back was weighed down with something that felt like a bowling ball.

She ran past huge double doors and stumbled to a stop. A huge crater that went deeper than possible was in front of her. She heard scrabbling behind her. Against her better judgment, she jumped.

The wind whistled past her as she heard a booming laugh. "This cannot be delayed little hero," a voice like metal across stone hissed. She hit the ground with a thud.

"It had only just begun."

As she looked up into the endless darkness, a swirl of green and gold appeared. "I will have you as my own. But, it's your choice, Warrior of the Earth. Join me. Get revenge."

Ariana sat up with a gasp, her breathing heavy and laboured, and there was a thin layer of cold sweat on her forehead. She ripped the covers off her body and sat on the edge of her bed and tried to slow her breathing.

"Ariana?" Hermione asked, from across room. The other two dormmates, Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil were already gone. "Are you okay?"

Ariana nodded not trusting herself to speak. After a few moments she spoke. "Yeah I'm good."

Hermione looked sceptical but said, "I was about to wake you. Breakfast starts in 10 minutes."

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °

When Harry, Ariana, Ron and Hermione entered the Great Hall for breakfast, the first thing they saw was Draco Malfoy, who seemed to be entertaining a large group of Slytherins with a very funny story. As they passed, Malfoy did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit and there was a roar of laughter.

"Ignore him," said Hermione, who was walking beside Ariana. "Just ignore him, it's not worth it ..."

"Hey, Potter, Black! shrieked Pansy Parkinson, a Slytherin girl with a face like a pug. "Potter! The Dementors are coming, Potter!Woooooooo!"

Ariana walked by, completely unbothered, and slightly too tired to care. She dropped into a seat at the Gryffindor table, next to Fred and George Weasley.