xix: ariana takes exams

╔═══════════════╗

 ╔═══════════════╗

chapter xix:

(prisoner of azkaban)

ariana takes exams

╚═══════════════╝

ARIANA WAS SITTING ON THE floor of the Gryffindor common room studying. Exams were nearly upon them, and everyone was studying their hardest. Even Fred and George Weasley had been spotted working; they were about to take their O.W.L.s (Ordinary Wizarding Levels). Percy was getting ready to take his N.E.W.T.s (Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests), the highest qualification Hogwarts offered. As Percy hoped to enter the Ministry of Magic, he needed top grades. He was becoming increasingly edgy, and gave very severe punishments to anybody who disturbed the quiet of the common room in the evenings. Suddenly Ginny jumped on the sofa beside her.

"Whatcha doing?" she asked.

Ariana glanced slightly at the redhead. "Studying for exams. Which you should be doing as well." She added with a pointed look.

"Nah, can't be arsed," Ginny replied, shrugging her shoulders. "I'm just going to wing it. You should try it."

Ariana grinned at her. "Unfortunately, I have to do third year exams after doing one year of magic. I'm very far behind."

"Yeah, I never understood why you were put a year ahead of everyone else in our age, especially if you didn't even do magic for two years. It's just insane, right?"

Ariana hummed in agreement. "They needed to keep an eye on Harry as well, so they put me in his year. Puts a lot of stress on me."

"I know right?"

"Gin, I adore you, but would you mind letting me finish revising this chapter? And I need silence to do that."

"Right, right. I am shutting up."

"Thanks."

Ariana only got half-way through a potion when Ginny spoke again. "Ari, I'm bored."

"What do you want me to do about it?"

"Come'on Ari, look at the weather!"

Ginny had a point. As summer drew nearer, the skies became clear, and it became warmer. All anyone wanted to do was walk through the grounds, or sunbath.

Ariana huffed, closing her potions book. "I'm not going to get any work done now. So what do you want to do?"

Ginny grinned. "Um...ooh, read me a story! The one about the weaver who was turned into a spider?"

Ariana's eyes lit up. "Okay. So our story starts with an ambitious weaver called Arachne..."

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °