xvi: ariana does some commentating

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

chapter xvi

(prisoner of azkaban)

ariana does some commentating

╚═══════════════╝

It looked like the end of Ron and Hermione's friendship. Each was so angry with the other that Ariana couldn't see how they'd ever make up.

Ron was furious that Hermione had never believed Crookshanks had wanted to eat Scabbers, hadn't cared enough to watch him and was still pretending that Scabbers was still alive.

Hermione kept telling everyone that they had no proof that Crookshanks had eaten Scabbers, the ginger hairs were from Christmas and Ron had been against her cat ever since it had jumped on his head in the pet shop.

Personally, Ariana was pretty sure that Crookshanks had eaten Scabbers, and when she tried to point out to Hermione that Crookshanks might have something to do with the missing rat, she lost her temper with Ariana too.

"Okay, side with Ron, I knew you would!" she said shrilly. "First the Firebolt, now Scabbers, everything's my fault, isn't it! Just leave me alone, Ariana, I've got a lot of work to do!"

"Rude," Ariana muttered, walking away. She had only wanted to help them both. Since the two were always fighting, Ron and Harry stuck together, Ariana was feeling extremely isolated. She had shrunk back into herself. Everyone seemed too afraid to speak to her, and the seat next to her was always unoccupied. She had hoped if she could get Ron and Hermione to get along, she could feel more normal.

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °

One day she was sitting cross legged in one of the many alcoves of the huge castle, sketching the fight between Theseus and the Minotaur, when a girl around her age came up to her. She had waist-length, straggly, dirty blond hair, enchanting silver eyes which were staring intently at Ariana's drawing. Her wand was tucked behind her left ear.

"That's a very nice drawing," she said dreamily. "What is it?"

Ariana smiled widely. No-one had ever taken interest in her drawings before. "It's the fight between Theseus and the Minotaur in the labyrinth. From the Greek myths."

The blonde hopped up and sat opposite her. "Can you tell me the story?"

"Can I get your name first?" Ariana asked.

"Luna. Luna Lovegood. What's yours?"

Ariana frowned. "Doesn't everyone know me as the serial killer's daughter?"