xviii: ariana makes some new friends

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

chapter xvii

(prisoner of azkaban)

ariana makes some new friends

╚═══════════════╝

ARIANA WAS FUMING. Usually, she doesn't ever get this angry, but there was something about being call selfish by Hermione that just pissed her off.

She stormed through the empty corridors until she reached her little alcove. She wasn't selfish, was she?

She easily climbed up and pulled her sketchpad out from the little nook she hid it in. She stared at her pencil on the paper but didn't know what to draw. She sat there, drawing lines and erasing them over and over again, until she realised she wasn't going to get anything done.

So she hopped down from her little cubby hole and wandered back to the deseted common room. She would've wandered for longer, but she saw Ms. Norris so immediately rushed back. She sat down on the couch and wondered what to do. She couldn't go back up to her dorm with her feud with Hermione, could she?

Or maybe Ariana was just being dramatic. Maybe Hermione was right to be more worried for Harry. Maybe Ariana was selfish for ignoring Hermione.

She could already feel the anger give way to shame. Why had she snapped at Hermione? Why? Hermione was stressed, Hagrid had just told her, and here she was, yelling at the older girl.

She put her head in her hands. Oh gods, why do I have to be so forgiving?

In the end, she just curled up on the sofa, pulled a woollen blanket around her and went to sleep.

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °

On Saturday morning, she was woken up by everyone coming down the stairs and joined the stream of people heading to breakfast. Hermione kept shooting pleading looks down the table at her, but Ariana avoided her eye and was careful to stay clear of her while walking back up the marble staircase in the entrance hall as everybody else proceeded to the front doors.

"Hey Neville," Ariana called out, walking over to the boy.

"Hi Ariana," he said. "You can't go to Hogsmeade either, right?"

She nodded. "Psycho killer father. Basically in lockdown. Hey, didn't you want to show me your new plant book?"

Neville's face lit up. "Yeah, it's in the library, come on! Did you know there is a plant where ...?"

The two made their way through the almost empty castle. The were talking excitedly when they rounded the corner and saw Harry standing awkwardly beside the statue that held the passage to Hogsmeade.