xiv: ariana has anti-fainting lessons

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

chapter xiv

(prisoner of azkaban)

ariana has ant-fainting lessons

╚═══════════════╝

ARIANA KNEW THAT HERMIONE HAD MEANT WELL, but that didn't stop Harry from being angry with her. Harry was positive that there was nothing wrong with the Firebolt, and was concerned about what sort of state would it be in once it had been subjected to all sorts of anti-jinx tests.

Ron was furious with Hermione too. As far as he was concerned, the stripping-down of a brand-new Firebolt was nothing less than criminal damage.

Hermione remained convinced that she had acted for the best, started avoiding the common room. She had taken refuge in the library and had refused to come back. Ariana had to spend her time evenly between both parties, trying not to fall out with either.

All in all, she could not of been when the rest of the school returned shortly after New Year, and Gryffindor Tower became crowded and noisy again. Ariana was walking around the night before term started when she bumped into Dean.

"Hey Ari, how was your Christmas," he asked, pulling her into a quick hug.

Ariana sighed as the two wandered the halls. "It was terrible. First, I couldn't even go home because the stupid ministry thought I would join my father. Then, I find out Hagrid's hippogriff is probably going to die-"

"The one that attacked Malfoy?"

"Do you know any other hippogriffs? And I had to been around the golden three, which was torture-"

Dean frowned. "I thought you guys were friends. I mean, you are really close with Harry and Hermione."

"Oh, we are, but the last night of term they basically yelled in my face that I was trying to kill them."

"What?!" Dean yelled, grabbing her arm. "Ariana, why didn't you say anything? Was that why you weren't at dinner?"

Ariana nodded. "And I didn't say anything because I didn't want to cause a fuss. And we made up."

Dean glared at her. "How long until you caved?"

"A day?" she said, smiling at him.

He sighed. "Ariana! You're supposed to torture them. Especially after what Harry went through last year..."

Ariana frowned, sitting down on the nearest bench. "What happened last year?"

"Rumours started going around that Harry was the heir of Slytherin and that he was petrifying students. He should know better than everyone what it's like being accused of something you didn't do."