ii: ariana faces soul suckers

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

chapter ii

(prisoner of azkaban)

ariana faces soul suckers

╚═══════════════╝

 THE REST OF THE SUMMER PASSED AS NORMAL, which was a relief. She added one more bead to her necklace, meaning she now had a total of five beads. Packages kept arriving to Chiron via owl, containing strange books and weird clothes and all sort of odd things like quills and parchment, all of which seemed to come from the Middle Ages. Dumbledore had been generous over the past month. He'd gifted Ariana with a list of things she would need for her new school, and had showed her kindness, which she wasn't shown very often. He had told her that he used money from he "Gringotts Vault" which was a wizarding bank, according to him.

 Annabeth went back to Virginia the day camp ended. The two Iris messaged almost every day. Ariana spent the rest of her time messing around with Travis and Connor Stoll, Katie, and Will Solace. They mostly just lay in the fields, trained, and pulled pranks on each other.

 When September finally arrived, Ariana stood on the porch of the Big House, Hogwarts trunk in hand. She was giving out last minute hugs. The sky was still dark, as it was 5 in the morning.

 "Promise to IM? I will lose my mind if I spend the year with only those idiots for company," Katie said, gesturing at the Stoll twins.

 "Hurtful."

 "Traitor!" They both spoke at the same time, though quite tired.

 Ariana rolled her eyes. "You'll survive. And yes, of course I'll IM you. You're one of my favourite siblings."

 The two hugged, until Chiron's beeping watch told them it was time to go. She smiled at them all. "I'll try not to be expelled. Even if it means I break my record." Ariana had told them about magic. At first, they thought it was some sort of prank, but when she made them swear on the Styx not to tell anyone without Ariana's permission, they knew it wasn't a joke. She had told Silena, Annabeth, Luke, Travis, Connor, and Katie.

 She gripped her trunk in one hand, had a backpack swung over her shoulder, and held the kettle in the other. It happened immediately. Ariana felt as though a hook just behind his navel has suddenly been jerked irresistibly forwards. Her feet left the ground, and her hand was stuck on the kettle as though it was pulling her magnetically onwards and then-

 Her feet slammed in the ground. She staggered, trying to regain her balance. She dropped the kettle and put her hand on the wall to steady herself. She looked around, and her mouth fell open.