C A P I T O L O T R E N T A T R E

LIBRE COMME L'AIR:

Free as a bird.

V A L E R I U S ' S   P O V:

V A L E R I U S ' S P O V:

The silence in the car felt like a cold foggy winter morning. Every couple of minutes, I would glance at Shira, who would keep her eyes on the road. It was obvious she was trying to calm the nervous blizzard inside of her but as each mile went by, it only grew.

Interlocking my hand with her cold ones, I placed her hand over the gearbox. I wouldn't leave her hand or her side today, I would be her shadow. Her shoulder to cry on. Her's only. Shira's grip on the gearbox had tightened as we reached her place.

"Hey, look at me." I cooed, placing my hand gently over her cheek, her tired eyes had the smallest amount of hope filled in them but even if they fade away, I will be her hope. " Whatever is on that sheet of paper doesn't define who you are. I will still love you no matter what." I said, kissing her cold lips before we both parted.

-

We had greeted everyone and it was the first time I have probably heard this house quiet and dead. No laughter. No smiles. Just a small forced smile that tried to hold the tightrope Shira was on.

Shira led me to her room and it was exactly how I had imagined it to be. The French interior clearly brought a nostalgic memory as she smiled but whether it was good or bad she still slept in pain each night, worrying about her future.

I wanted to break these walls that had confined her tears of misery, she didn't deserve it. Even though the clean wallpaper hid her secrets, I could make out each sentence that would lurk into her room like restless ghosts.

Shira walked to her dresser, the envelope staring straight at her. It wasn't hard to tell that Shira was crying; the fumbling noises grew louder to camouflage her sniffles. Walking towards her, Shira pulled the weak piece of paper out of its sleeve.

Moments went by and Shira just stared at the printed sheet in her hands. The silence had become deafening that I couldn't help but ask her. "Shira, is everything alright?" I asked rubbing her back, not sparing a glance at the sheet.

"Alright?" Shira questioned, "The word that means 'well' isn't it?" Shira turned to look at me, her eyes were illegible. Tears still raced down her blank canvas. She looked down at the paper before opening her mouth yet no words left.

"Shira?" I stroked her cheek with my thumb and her eyes lit up. I saw hope. "Val, I am more than 'well'!" She laughed as tears streamed down her face. Shira passed me the paper but I just placed it on the dresser and lifted her up, kissing her deeply.

"Val, I- I am fertile!" She cried. I didn't need evidence of a paper to prove to me that Shira wasn't lying. Her face, her smile, her eyes spoke the truth. "Amore, I am happy that you're happy." Stroking the hair out of her face, Shira kissed me deeply once again.

-

Everyone was extremely happy for Shira, she no longer had to live in fear and shame."Shira!" Abella said, walking into the house as she dropped her bags on the floor and ran to her sister. Dante followed behind, shaking his head as he went to pick her bag up.

"Dio, how do you manage women?" Dante sighed, rubbing his forehead. "So, how do you feel?" He asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. I smiled and turned to look at Shira, who had a smile that would cure the most indescribable suffering. "Like I have found an elixir of enlightenment."

"You really love her, don't you?" Dante questioned. "With all my heart." I replied, from her smile to her laugh, I could write an essay on the reasons why I love her and I would find even more to add.

"Marry her." Dante stated. Marriage. Something I have considered since we visited the restaurant. I would love to but it feels too early for marriage. I have only started dating her and I didn't want to scare her into marriage.

"I want to. I just-" I paused, "I don't want to scare her into it. I want to take my time with her." Dante patted my shoulder and smiled. "Well, I'm glad she's happy too," He said.

"How are things between you and Abella?" I asked, the love between the two was so evident that they couldn't possibly deny it. "I like her a lot. I was so stupid not to see that she was all I ever needed."

Hearing this from Dante was a surprise, I remembered how he wouldn't stand being in a relationship and now, he was a different man. A better man. "These Lamoureaux girls sure know how to make us dance to their tunes." We both laughed.

"I'm not complaining though." I said, looking at Shira chatting away to Abella. "You're whipped." Dante shook his head laughing, fixing his hair in the process. "Says the one who picks up Abella's mess." I rolled my eyes.

"Fuck you!" Dante cursed. I laughed and for the first time, I felt like I didn't need anything else. I had what I wanted and more. "Oh, Shira does that." Dante winked. Now, he was pissing me off. Narrowing my eyes at him, Dante laughed as he patted my shoulder.

"Chill, anyway don't forget to use protection." He laughed, "Unless, you want her pregnant?" He wiggled his brows. Rolling my eyes, I remembered our night of pure passion. How her body was built perfectly against mine like a jigsaw piece.

"Anyways, catch you later." All of a sudden Dante left, walking towards Theo. I assumed he too was getting the 'father talk'. Laughing, a pair of hands wrapped around me from behind. Shira.

"Amore?" Turning around, Shira's smile was the first thing that had greeted me. Dio, how I would fall on my knees for her. "Val?" She emphasised. Humming, I pulled her close to my chest, hugging her as I kissed her head.

"Thank you for being by my side." She said as she let out a relieved sigh. "Amore, I will always be by your side. I promise you that." I said as I kissed her smooth forehead. "I love you, Valerius." She said as she hugged tighter.

"I love you more, dolce."

Hello, my loves, I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Hello, my loves, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did, let me know your thoughts. Anyways, have a wonderful day or a good night's sleep. xx

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100K, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.

Should Valerius marry Shira? Also, did Valerius use protection?

I'll leave these questions for you ;)