C A P I T O L O S E T T E

STRUGGIMENTO:

This means a combination of gut-churning misery and yearning (noun).

S H I R A ' S   P O V

The feeling of a sloppy kiss placed on my forehead awakened me from my little nap. I opened my eyes to see a very happy looking Angelo, I smiled and looked around to notice Dino was gone. I looked the other way to see Valerius sleeping with Sienna.

He looked so peaceful. I was sure that being Don of the biggest Mafia group must be extremely difficult. I returned to look at Angelo again, who was smiling and cupping my face with his small hands. His smile, so cute and warm, could light up an empty room. I pray he never loses it.

"What time is it, petit gâteau?" I quietly spoke so I didn't disturb the two sleeping beauties."Half-past 6. Amore Mio I'm quite hungry and Lorena isn't here." He sulked. I was famished too but those 3 hours of sleep were needed.

"Ok, mon chéri, let's go cook something, yes?" I asked. Angelo nodded and got up and pulled me up gently like I was a delicate teddy and intertwined his small fingers with mine and led me into the kitchen.

(T: my dear)

I looked around the kitchen to find ingredients to cook 'Spaghetti aglio e olio'. A very famous Italian dish that I hope they would like. I began taking out all the ingredients I needed and prepping the spaghetti by putting it in a pot with water and a sprinkle of salt. A small memory triggered me while I was cutting up the garlic and chilli.

When I went to Lyon, I remembered when I used to come back home every day from work to cook, which was exciting but don't get me wrong sometimes I would feel lazy or it would be tiresome. I was excited to try and recreate my mama's dishes and try new things too.

As I poured some olive oil into a flat pan, slowly warming it up. I place the garlic and chilli in and gently sautéd it on low heat. Adding a tablespoon or two of pasta water in the pan to stop the cooking I then transferred the al dente spaghetti into the pan.

Angelo watched as I tossed and combined the ingredients together until everything was cooked perfectly. "Amore mio, it smells really good." Angelo complimented, I smiled and giggled to myself.

-

Emptying the food on the porcelain plates, I sprinkled some parsley elegantly. I placed the last plate on the table while Angelo placed forks and napkins neatly. I told Angelo to call everyone for dinner and he nodded his little head and scurried out of the kitchen with his little legs.

I washed the remaining dishes and cleaned the worktops and cooker. "Mmm, that smells amazing," Dino said while quickly sitting down and looking up at a very tired looking Chiara, whose expression changed in a click of a finger.

Angelo and Sienna came rushing into the kitchen and taking their places on the table. Stumbling along the way, I made contact with the 6'4 figure, my chest bumped into him, his arm snaking around me, holding me tight. My eyes were once again locked with his again. His hair was slicked back like he had run his fingers through it.