|𝐓 𝐄 𝐍|

!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!
THIS CHAPTER SPOILS CHAPTER
53-56 (parts of ep 21 and 22)

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

"𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄. 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐊𝐀. 𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐈 𝐊𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐃𝐀. August. Yokohama. Osuma Shimada. September. Nagoya. Hiroshi Yamato,”

Y/n walked around the flooring of her living room, the phone placed on the coffee table centered in the room. She held a manilla envelope in her hands, shifting through the pictures and papers inside. She placed her cup of steaming coffee down on the table before sitting in front of it on the ground.

“These three died under the same circumstances. They were stabbed to death at the entrances to their apartments. Also, all three had recently complained to building management that the auto-lock on the automatic doors was unlocked. However, none of the other residents noticed.”

“But all the dates and locations are different,” Fushiguro’s voice filled her ears. “Did they really get killed by the same cursed spirit?”

She tapped a pen on the paper. Moving the pictures aside, she looked at the entrances to each of the apartments. Specifically the doors.

“Does the door issue have anything to do with the cursed spirit?” Itadori asked. “Would a cursed spirit even trip a door sensor? They don’t even show up on cameras.”

“It’s not the door sensor. The door operator was influenced by the cursed spirit and went crazy,” Nitta replied.

“Right...operator?” Itadori mumbled quietly.

“It’s hard to confirm from the crime scenes whether or not it’s the same cursed spirit. Because some time had elapsed after the crime. So we investigated, trying to find a common thread that connected all three. What we learned was they all went to the same junior high for two years.” Nitta explained.

“So, the three of them got the same curse, and then it manifested after all these years?” Kugisaki said.

“Yup,” Nitta said. “There’s a good chance that’s the case. We’re on our way to talk to a classmate.”

“Nice, Kugisaki-chan!” Itadori praised.

“Of course!” The girl replied.

Y/n reached forward and pressed pause on the voicemail. Glancing at the time, she saw it was almost two in the afternoon. Standing up, she closed the file before tapping it on the table to stack the papers inside. She placed the file on the counter in her kitchen, grabbing food from the microwave with a sigh.

She’d left the country for five days, missing the events of the Kyoto Sister School Goodwill Event. She’d been filled in by Gojo as soon as she returned, shocked to find out the school had been attacked by a cursed spirit in her absence. She’d been informed that there were casualties.