|𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐘 - 𝐓 𝐖 𝐎|

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 around her was quiet, the air blowing the leaves around her feet. Autumn had come sooner than she thought; hell, today was Halloween. The baggy clothing she wore rustled around her frame, the baby hairs that fell from her messily made bun brushing past her. She took her hands from her pockets, rubbing them over the sides of her neck as she rolled her head around. Once she heard the pop of her bones, she released a deep breath.

Her gaze was trained on the scenery around her. The smell of citrus was thick in her nose, the orange blossoms above her rustling with the blowing wind. Y/n grabbed the lowest hanging branch, pulling herself up into the tree.

“Y/n! Would you mind seeing if the orange tree has produced anything yet?”

The small girl sprung up to her feet, quickly setting her cup of tea down. “Yeah!” She called, already sliding open the door. Her mother called out for her to be careful, but sighed when she released Y/n had already gotten to the tree.

She giggled to herself as she jumped up and grabbed a branch, easily lifting her small body up. She moved through the tree, weaving around the branches like a snake. She searched through the array of oval green leaves and small white flowers, her mind set on finding a bright orange fruit.

“Y/n! I don’t think there is any! You can come back inside now!”

The door slid open as she leaned against the trunk of the tree, kicking her feet onto the opposite side, and allowed herself to rest there. Her gaze was focused on her hand, watching the snake she found a few moments ago curl around her hand.

“You gonna come down anytime soon?”

She looked down at met the gaze of her brother. Furthering her vision, she saw Gojo inside. While she couldn’t hear him, she could see that he was laughing, no doubt at something her mother was telling him.

“Hey, Y/n!” Sho said, making her look back at him as he frowned. “You’re so out of it today. Everything alright?”

“Just tired,” She mumbled, slipping from the tree.

“That snake didn’t bite you, did it?” Sho inquired, distraught on his face as he watched the venomous reptile drape around her neck like a scarf.

“No. Even if it did, it would have no effect,” She replied, following him as he motioned for them to sit on a bench. “I’m immune to their venom.”

“Yeah, that’s right,” He chuckled. “I remember that one time a copperhead bit you, and you just sat there still trying to pick it up. You always liked snakes. I don’t see how though, they’re so creepy!”

“They’re not creepy!” She said, holding her hand out as the reptile slid its head into her palm. “They’re not even that bad of a creature. People just hate them because of stories. Take this Rainbow Boa for example; they can be very nippy and easily agitated, but they aren’t aggressive and usually relax as adults. This one’s just a baby, but even now, a gentle touch and nurturing attitude make it calm.”